①❺

Together, We Are One

Denial.

That's definitely what Hinata was feeling.

She ended up returning back to the hospital and stayed for another two days before she could be discharged. The next couple of following days after that were...well, amazing, but it was also very different.

She noticed how much more eager Naruto was whenever he saw her and much to her surprise, he managed to convince the Konoha Council to allow them to do most of their duties together. It was more convenient that way and she loved the fact that she could stay beside him for almost the whole day.

The only thing she was trying to get used to, was the fact that he actually loved her back now. Though she was happy beyond belief that he finally returned her feelings, she just needed time to actually process it. It was just something that was hard to believe, because she's had a one-sided love for him for so long. After his confession on the Hokage Monuments, she just stood frozen. Though she knew he definitely did feel something for her and she was anticipating those words, it still came as a shock to her.

And now that their feelings were mutual, they needed to discuss about the rest of their future together. She knew for sure that she wanted children and she wanted to raise a family with him, but she didn't know if he was ready for that yet. Also, to have children...they would have to consummate their marriage, and she didn't know if she was ready for that.

As of now, she just got done with her duties at the academy, so she was heading over to the Hokage's office. On the way, however, she ended up bumping into Kiba and Akamaru.

"Sooo, are you doing ok, now? Ya know, you had us all worried sick when you were out for those whole two weeks."

Hinata nodded. "I'm a lot better now, thanks. Where are you going right now?"

"Ah, Akamaru and I are gonna head over to the training grounds...it's been too peaceful lately. We haven't had a good fight since we went against those rebels. It gets boring when there's no threats." Kiba shrugged as he patted Akamaru's head. "And you?"

"I have some stuff to take care of with the Hokage. Politics."

Hinata laughed when Kiba cringed at that word. "Sounds even more boring."

"...hm, you should find yourself a girlfriend, Kiba."

Kiba scratched the back of his head and sighed. "Eeeh, maybe. I'm not really interested in that stuff. It's a lot more fun just looking at other people's relationships...and speaking of relationships, it's almost been a whole year since you've been married to the Hokage. Still haven't thought about having kids yet?"

"Well honestly, I have been thinking about it. I really do want a family...but I just don't know if Naruto's ready for it."

"Heh, I'm pretty sure he's ready! He grew up without knowing his parents, so I'm pretty sure he'd want his own children so that he can be a dad to them."

"True...I'm just a little hesitant to bring it up to him, that's all."

"Why? You two should openly talk about things like this if you guys are married. That's the whole point of marriage, isn't it? To be with the person you love and have a family with them."

Hinata stayed quiet and simply averted her eyes down to the ground. He was right. She shouldn't be so scared to bring it up to Naruto. After all, he did love her now...so...he'd want to have a family with her, wouldn't he?

"Well! We're gonna be headed this way!" Kiba replied and waved goodbye before he hopped onto Akamaru's back. "...and hurry up with the miniatures of you and the Hokage, will you? I'm gonna be an awesome uncle to them!"