~Chapter 5~

I didn't see Nick for the next few days because we were both busy. Abby and I had a lot of work to do at the bakery and Nick had to train for an upcoming surf competition.

Today was already Monday, it's been over a week since Nick and I had met. I still can't believe that he told me he loved me after knowing me for less than a week. Nick had asked me to go Papalani Gelato in the afternoon. This would be our first official date!

I woke up late this morning since I had the day off. I had 5 hours to eat and get ready. "Abby! What do I wear?" Abby was over to help me get ready since she has gone on a ton of dates before. She was perched on the edge of my bed, staring at my closet.

"Try the pink sundress. It'll look cute on you!" I usually trust her fashion opinions except not today.

"Wouldn't it be too fancy to wear to get gelato?" I didn't want to stand out too much.

"Jessie, you live in Hawaii. It's hot out. You wear a dress!" Abby scolded me.

I went into the bathroom to change into the dress. I swung the door open and twirled into my bedroom. I feel like a little girl in dresses.

"You look stunning! Now we just have to do something with your hair." Way back when Abby and I were little, we made a promise that if one was going somewhere special, the other would do their hair. We've kept the promise all these years.

I would usually be the one doing hair since it was always Abby going on dates but this month the tables have turned.  I sat down on my comfy rug that was in front of my bed so that Abby could do my hair.

"Do you want it straightened?" I didn't have that wavy of hair but sometimes, like today, it can be a wavy mess.

"I was thinking of putting it up, could you do that?" I didn't really want my hair down in weather like this. When I look down at the roads, I can see the heat coming off of them.

There was no reply from Abby. She just jumped off my bed and went into the bathroom to grab all of my hair supplies. I was starting to get nervous just thinking of what she might be planning.

"Sit still and I'm sorry if I pull your hair." Those were always the words you never want to hear.

It took her a while to brush out my hair but once it was untangled, she got down to business. I could feel her pulling my hair into what felt like a braid. For a moment, I thought I blacked out but Abby had just put my hair in front of my eyes.

It was a good hour and a half by the time Abby let me stretch. My legs were really cramped from being crossed and my back feels like something was weighing me down. Seeing that I was having troubles walking, Abby led me to the bathroom.

When I looked in the mirror, I saw my gorgeous hair-do. Abby had put my hair in a side French braid and then made it into a bun. She also added some pearl bobby pins and a flower in the bun. It was really amazing!

We had a good hour left before Nick would come to pick me up so we decided to play some Black Ops. We must look ridiculous; I in my sundress and fancy hair and Abby in her pink sweat pants with a Lululemon top and her hair in a messy bun.

Luckily I had left the door open because before long, Nick sauntered down the stairs. "I never thought the day would come; two girls, looking complete opposite, facing off in Black Ops." We jumped at the sound of him. We hadn't hear the door open or him walk down the stairs.

I quickly peeked at his face; hardly taking my eyes off of the TV. He seemed utterly amazed. I thought Abby and I were completely normal. Well, as normal as two girls screaming at the TV can get. "Are you freakin kidding me?!" I just destroyed Abby. "Score! Try and beat me now!"