004

— 🐻 —

🐻

04. COLD
コールド

ANOTHER SNEEZE TICKLED lia's nose, the cute sound that escaped her lips muffled by her hand. she held the bag that contained her newly purchased nasal spray closer to her chest as she tried to open her umbrella just outside the pharmacy.

holding it over her head, she stepped out into the rain. it was already dark out, day becoming night faster with the help of the light showers that wet the earth and washed the sky in a dozen shades of grey. the air was cool for a summer night, chilly wind sifting through long dark hair that flapped around her face making it periodically impede her vision.

she groaned in frustration, struggling to tuck her unruly hair behind her ears with her hands full. blinking when fluttering strands got in her eyes, her features contorted in a frown. "for fuck's sake."

as she made a turn that would lead her into the street where her home was located, her eyes caught sight of broad shoulders and honey brown hair drenched in rain. she instantly recognised him. her lips parted to call out to him only for her to realise she had no name to go by.

the boy had his hands tucked into the pockets of his grey sweatpants which looked darker from being wet. his black t-shirt was completely soaked through, clinging to his form for dear life, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. his steps were nimble yet unhurried, head down, damp hair falling over his eyes.

"excuse me!" she called, deviating from her path to jog after him. "excuse me!" she repeated, still getting no response or reaction from him. "cheesecake guy!" she tried again, staring at his back as he froze for a moment before slowly turning around to meet her gaze.

it took a second before recognition flashed across his face. stopping in front of him, she held her umbrella over both their heads which, considering the difference in heights, was a difficult feat. "um, why are you just walking in the rain? you could catch a cold!" her words were followed by a tiny sneeze. her cheeks warmed in slight embarrassment.

she saw how his small lips curled up at that, clearly amused by the irony of her statement. "i'm not the one who's sneezing though." he remarked, tone teasing. "that's different. i have allergies." she defended, voice small.

he reached out, taking the umbrella from her so that she no longer stretched out her arm. "i'm already wet, why are you even bothering?" he questioned, glancing up at the umbrella before his gaze shifted back to her.

"so i'm just supposed to stand under the umbrella while you continue to get drenched in the rain? no, thanks." she shook her head. "where are you going without one anyway?"

"home," was his simple reply. "how far is it?" she asked without thinking. "not that far." he spoke suspiciously slow and she narrowed her eyes at him. "well, mine is just down the street, you can come over and dry up before you leave." the offer tumbled out of her mouth without a thought.

"i don't think that's necessary." he shook his head, splashing droplets of water on her in the process. she barely reacted to them, only blinking to avoid getting some in her eyes. "i won't be able to sleep knowing i let you walk home in the rain without helping."

one of his brows rose in question. "you're inviting me over when we barely know each other." he pointed out. "oh, shit, right." she muttered, remembering that she didn't even introduce herself officially. "i'm aaliyah but you can call me lia."

the boy smiled softly. "like the singer, huh?" he questioned and her head bobbed in a nod. his smile became wider, a bit more playful. "well, i'm jungkook but you can call me cheesecake guy."

☀️☀️☀️

this is becoming jungkook x rain lmao