050

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

50. CASHMERE
カシミヤ

THE BUSY AIRPORT set the backdrop to a struggling lia trying to pull up the apparently jammed handle of her suitcase. "cat, help me out here." she huffed, straightening and brushing her hair out of her face.

the blonde pushed her hair behind her ears before leaning down to help her friend tug on the stuck handle of the suitcase. "what the hell? did you spill gorilla glue on this thing?" she straightened, a frown on her face. "i don't fucking know what–" the handle suddenly sliding up with a jerk cut her off.

"done." she grinned happily. "good. i was starting to think it was karma for us lying about when we were coming back." cathryn sucked in a breath. "first, we were searching for my passport and nearly missed our flight, then there was that old geezer who kept farting next to us and now–" she suddenly stopped talking.

"what?" lia looked at her in question. she didn't answer but simply gawked ahead. "what's wrong now?" lia crinkled her nose, brows furrowing. "did you...maybe tell anyone we'd be arriving today?"

lia scoffed. "no, we agreed to only tell hodan and kash. why?" she tested the handle again, slowly moving it down and back up. "then, does that mean i'm hallucinating?" cathryn asked slowly. rolling her eyes, lia lifted her head up. "what the hell are you on about t–?" her next words flew out of her mind as her gaze fell on what her friend had been staring at.

"you see them too, right? it's not just me?" cathryn queried, eyes not moving from what they were fixated on. "yeah," her friend nodded her head slowly, staring as well.

her eyes were wide as they focused on one person in the bustling scene of the airport. dark brown roots peeked out underneath soft peach locks that fell over a pair of big brown eyes behind glasses. those eyes crinkled as small pink lips lifted to reveal a familiar bunny like dentition.

jungkook.

next to him, she caught a glimpse of a beaming apollo, his plump cheeks rounding in a dimpled smile that could rival the sun in any galaxy. lia would have thought of how much sense it made that his parents had given him such a name if all her being wasn't so consumed by the presence of jungkook before her in the flesh.

as though they'd planned and rehearsed it, both boys held out their welcoming arms in sync. cathryn was the first to snap out of her daze, dashing and launching herself at her boyfriend. he easily caught her in his arms, spinning them around as they both laughed.

lia followed suit a second later, letting go of her luggage, running and throwing herself into jungkook's waiting arms. she wrapped her legs around his middle when he caught her in his warm embrace, burying her face in the crook of his neck and taking in a whiff of his familiar sweet scent.