006

— 🐻 —

🐻

06. ICE CREAM
アイスクリーム

LIA'S BROWS CRINKLED and her eyes narrowed as they zoned in on darryl's hand where he held something familiar. a balboa bar. more specifically, her balboa bar which she had been looking forward to eating all day.

one hand lifted to point at it. "is that my ice cream?" she queried, voice shaky. darryl glanced at it and shrugged. "you didn't answer my question." he replied. "who's the wet kid?"

"is that my ice cream?" she repeated, ignoring him. he took another bite of the cold treat, staring back at her, eyes daring and teasing.

jungkook watched with interest, curious to see how this would unfold. he glanced at darryl and then lia, noting how her nostrils flared in clear annoyance. she let out a shrill scream before running up the stairs at an alarming speed.

jungkook's eyes rounded and his mouth fell open, feeling his heart rate speed up in fear that she might tumble down the stairs. "lia!" he instinctively went after her.

it was a good thing that he did too, because somewhere during her ascent, lia missed a step, her foot catching air, causing her to lose her balance. a small shriek left her parted lips as she tipped backwards. as gravity pushed down on her centre, she wished she would die of embarrassment before she hit the ground.

natural instincts kicking into overdrive, jungkook moved faster, throwing eager arms and body forward. he dropped on one knee as she fell into his arms, grunting from the impact. his arms wrapped around her protectively, eyes, still wide, holding her stunned gaze.

he didn't realise when her hand moved up until he felt warm fingers softly brush against his cheek. he noticed her dazed look then. "what happened?" she mumbled, eyes on his cheek. he instantly knew what she was referring to. the little scar on his cheek.

his small lips pursed as he stared at her, not entirely sure how to begin explaining that it was nothing serious and only the result of two young boys playing roughly. "you should see the other guy." he finally chimed playfully. a full grin split her lips, a small chuckle escaping.

"if you two are done reenacting every cliché romance movie to ever exist, i'd like to know who the clark kent dripping all over our floor is." darryl remarked, slowly descending.

snapping out of their daze, their gazes moved to darryl, jungkook helping lia back on her feet, ignoring the warm blushes on their faces. the ice cream bar was mostly gone, held carefully in his grip as he took another bite.

"he's jungkook and you're going to lend him something to wear while he gets warm, you ice cream thief." she replied, a dark look taking over her face as she watched him eat her ice cream.

darryl's eyes moved back to jungkook, running over his form in scrutiny causing younger boy to feel even more self-conscious than charlie had. "okay, come with me." he jerked his head to the side before turning around and walking back up the stairs.

shooting one last look at lia, jungkook went after him.

☀️☀️☀️

darryl's a real peach