033

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

33. TEARS

THE BEEPING OF the monitor was the sound jungkook woke up to. his vision was hazy for a few seconds as his eyes slowly fluttered open. there was a warmth around his right hand. glancing down, he saw a head of black hair laying on the bed, a hand wrapped around his.

"you're up." a voice pulled his attention. jimin pushed off the wall he was leaning against, making his way to the side of the bed. "hyung," jungkook's voice sounded heavy and foreign to him. "you passed out from exhaustion."

the younger boy blinked, trying to recall what had happened. his eyes widened in shock at the memory. lia's face. he glanced at her. jimin followed his gaze. "she must have been so shocked seeing you collapse. she literally cried herself to sleep." he told him softly.

jungkook sighed, brushing his thumb over the back of her hand. "how long?" he asked quietly. "you were out six... almost seven hours." the older boy glanced at his watch. "why didn't you take her home?" he questioned, surprised. "she wouldn't go. she even called home and said she was going to be watching over a friend in the hospital just to stop me from taking her back home." jimin ran a hand through his hair.

"stubborn." jungkook remarked under his breath. "you hit your head pretty hard against the concrete. how do you feel?" jimin asked after a moment of silence. "like someone dropped a ton of bricks on my head." the boy grinned. "you're the stubborn kid. didn't i tell you not to go anywhere?" his friend scowled.

"i'm sorry, hyung. i promised to go shopping for art supplies with her." jungkook pouted. "and how did that work out? did you end up going?" jimin's brow arched, a pointed look on his face. jungkook suspired, looking away from his friend.

"you must really like her, huh?" sighing, the older boy glanced down at the sleeping girl again. "yeah," jungkook mumbled softly.

"where's joon hyung?" he attempted to change the subject, feeling embarrassed. "oh, he went out to get–" the sound of the door opening caught their attention. namjoon sidled his way into the hospital room, two cups of coffee in hand.

"i've got coffee, jimi–" his words cut off when his gaze fell on a conscious jungkook. "you're awake!" two dimples appeared on his cheeks at the huge grin he was sporting. "hey, hyung." jungkook smiled. "you gave us quite a scare there, kiddo." namjoon hurried to his side.

jimin snatched the cups of coffee out of his hands in case he accidentally spilled some on them. namjoon barely noticed the action but jungkook chuckled. "nice to know you can laugh after nearly giving us a heart attack." namjoon scowled at him and he immediately straightened. "i don't think i've ever seen anyone cry so much since nana's dog died. i should hit you in the head for that." he shot a glance at lia.

"i heard." the hospitalised boy sighed. "you should've told her you couldn't make it." namjoon folded his arms loosely over his chest. "i didn't want to disappoint her." jungkook blinked. "oh, and scaring the shit out of her is a better option?" namjoon tilted his head at him.

jungkook pressed his mouth shut. he was going to get chastised for the rest of his adult life if he tried to defend himself. jimin placed a hand on namjoon's shoulder. "we can hand him his ass after he's discharged."

the oldest of the three sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "how do you feel? hungry? thirsty?" he questioned. "one question at a time, hyung." jungkook smiled. "my head still aches but it's a bit better. i am thirsty and a little food won't hurt."

the sound of lia stirring caught everybody's attention. turning her head on the bed, her eyes fluttered open. "hey," he whispered softly with a smile. she sat up abruptly at the sound of his voice. "jungkook," her brows pulled together in a mix of worry and relief. "you call me that so rarely, i can't help but feel like i've done something wrong when you say it."

"well then, jungkook, jungkook, jungkook!" her features morphed into a frown. his bottom lip jutted in a pout. the two friends smiled at the duo. "we'll go get some food." jimin announced. "lia, what would you like?"

"anything is fine with me as long as it doesn't have ketchup. thanks, jimin." she smiled at him. jimin nodded in reply. he and namjoon started to leave. "hey, won't you ask me what i want?" jungkook whined. namjoon stopped halfway through sipping his coffee to glare at him. "you eat whatever we get you, prick."

both lia and jimin snorted at the response, jungkook taken aback. jimin wrapped an arm around his older friend. "let's go." he cooed, leading namjoon out of the room while patting his back softly. lia watched them with a small smile until the door shut behind them.

her attention reverted to the boy lying on the hospital bed, a glare replacing her soft expression. "you scared me, you jerk!" she stabbed a finger into his chest. "ow! why do you guys keep calling me names?" jungkook flinched.

he watched as her features contorted and before he knew it, she was crying. "i was so scared when you just fell in the middle of the street." she sobbed. eyes widening in surprise at the change, he sat up slowly, a grunt leaving his lips at the exertion. "hey, i'm fine now. i'm sorry i scared you." he reached for her, pulling her into his arms.

he felt her tears dampen his hospital shirt as she sobbed into his shoulder. "why didn't you just tell me when i asked? you looked like you were going to die!" she cried like a child. jungkook ran his hand over her hair, patting her comfortingly. "don't cry, yaya. nothing bad happened." he said softly.

she pulled away at his words and glared dangerously at him even as tears continued a steady path down her cheeks. "what do you mean nothing bad?!" she yelled, shoving him lightly. "you're in a hospital bed, hooked up to an iv after passing out in the street." she was back to sobbing.

sighing, he wiped her tears off with his thumbs. "please stop crying. i can't bear it." he brushed away strands of her hair that stuck to her face. she sniffled, watching him wipe her tears.

"you landed pretty hard on your head. the doctor said you might have a concussion. does your head hurt?" she reached over to feel the back of his head. he hissed at the pain. "sorry. at least the bump's gone down a bit." she sniffed, meeting his gaze.

reaching up, he took her hand, pressing a kiss the back of it. "i'm sorry for giving you such a scare and for lying to you." he whispered. she blinked slowly, staring at the hand he'd kissed. "but see? i'm alright. so no more crying, okay?" his hands cupped her cheeks softly, thumbs brushing over them. her head bobbed in a nod.

his lips curved in a slow smile. she stared at him with red rimmed eyes, smiling back at him. brushing her hair behind her ears, he leaned in slightly. he was close enough to pick up her distinct scent and just how brown her eyes were. and suddenly his heart was beating a little faster.

"yaya," he whispered her name into the air like a soft prayer. without saying more, he leaned in and closed the gap between them with his lips.

☀️☀️☀️

hehehe

hehehe