HUGS

The day went by pretty fast I was already in last period. I wasn't really paying much attention in class. I kept thinking of this morning with Finn. He was just being friendly. Right? The bell rang and I started packing my books into my bag. I overheard two girls talking.
"Do you think he likes her?"
"Who Finn? Yeah I mean as friends him and Ayla are always hanging out."
"I think he likes her..."
I tried listening to more of their conversation but they started walking away. Although I've never talked to her I have seen her hanging out with Jack, someone Michelle had introduced me to. God she's beautiful I wouldn't be surprised if he did like her. Not that I would care really I mean that's cool.
    I met up with Finn and we started walking home together. "Hey you never told me you were friends with Ayla?" He looked forward and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah what about it?" I looked up at him. "I don't know I just thought that was strange." He looked bored. "We've been friends for a while, it's nothing much." He shrugged. We continued walking and talked about random unimportant things. Avoiding any further talk of her.

   The next day at lunch Jack was sitting next to Michelle. I sat down next to him. Finn sat across from me. The whole time all I could think of was what that girl said at the lockers. I tried to push that thought out of my mind, not understanding why it bothered me so much. I thought focusing my attention towards Jack would help, which was easy considering he's hilarious. But still I could feel Finns eyes all over me every time mine shamefully flickered to Ayla.
   School was over and I was about to get on the bus when someone called my name. "Sadie!" Finn was running towards me. "Hey can I walk you home?" He looked desperate. "Sure." I said uncertain why. We walked off school grounds in silence until he finally said something. "You seemed kinda distant today. Almost if you were ignoring me." I looked at the ground and fidgeted with my hands. He continued to stare at me. "I wasn't." My mouth went dry. "This isn't about Ayla is it. Look lots of people think we have feelings for each other just because we kissed each other in the school play..." I was shocked at this but tried not to show my expression. "... even ask her she has a crush on Jack, but don't tell her I told you that." I giggled. "It's not that, there's nothing wrong really I swear." I couldn't read his expression.
    "You wouldn't care if we were dating. Would you?" My breath hitched and my eyes widened. "No! Of course not, I would still be friends with you. We are friends right?" He looked almost offended. "Sadie of course we're friends... I like you."  I looked at him. His intense stare making my face burn up, but I forced a smiled anyway. "I like you too, Finn." Before things could get anymore awkward we approached his house. "Bye Finn." He pulled me into a hug. "Bye Sadie. See ya tomorrow!" I stood there bubbling with happiness as I watched him run away. His curls bouncing and he looked so pure and childish. I really hope he wasn't lying about liking me I really wanna be friends with him.