OCTOBER

The next two weeks were spent being nervous about the dance, with Finn trying to take my mind off of it. We did as much as we could trying to enjoy fall before it ended. We went to the park after school almost everyday. Then we'd go to the ice cream parlor and walk around for a while. There's not much to do around town, its pretty small. As boring as it sounds it was actually pretty fun besides the few awkward moments where we would make intense eye contact then Finn would say something funny to ease the tension. I was really hoping we could talk about what's happening between us at the dance in September.

   It was the night before the dance and I was trying on my dress for the sixth time today. Both my dress and my shoes were plain and black. I wanted to look good for Finn but also keep it natural so I decided to give my hair beach waves. The last few days I've been thinking a lot about our friendship. I know he likes me, more than a friend, but do I really wanna be in a relationship. We've only known each other for a few months but I really like him... not love but like... a lot. Whenever I'm around him I get this unexplainable feeling. Like I wanna hug him and lay in his arms for hours while listening to him tell corny jokes or read his poems. At the same time I also wanna kiss his soft lips for hours while running my hands through his messy hair. Speaking of, he hasn't let me read any of his poems and I'm trying to figure out where he keeps them. Just the thought of being close to him makes my face heat up. But as much as I want to be close to him there's too many unspoken words between us. I sighed as I got into bed. I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow but hopefully something changes for the better.