~Chapter 8: Pose for Me, Sweetie~

(A/N: WARNING. This chapter contains a little violence towards the end but it isn't described in great detail. If you feel uncomfortable you can just scroll past that all the way until the author's note. You've been warned.)

«P H O E N I X»

I checked the time on my phone once again to see that it was already 5:00 pm.

Even the light from the screen of my phone was hurting my eyes — so I decided to turn off all the lights on both floors. Saves energy, doesn't hurt my eyes.

The whole day, I was practically slouching around the penthouse, staring into space and drinking 17 cups of tea. I think I'm drunk on tea now.

I was aware I had a lot of things to do, like going to class and listening to lectures, but I had almost no motivation to do anything educational.

I sat on couch that was facing the large glass windows in the living room and watched the clouds moving slowly across the sky whilst drinking yet another cup of tea, mango tea, specifically.

I was too drowned out in my own thoughts to realise the sound of a beep followed by my front door opening softly.

"Oh my gosh! I thought you were a ghost. Why are all the lights off?" I recognised the deep voice of my fellow pet bat, Moon.

"Geudae seulpeun nuneul barabol ttaemyeon

Naneun hal mareul ilgo..."

"PhoeB, I love your singing but it sounds creepy as shit because the lights are turned off and you're not even looking at me." My gaze was directed to the beautiful blue sky as I sipped my tea in a mug even as he spoke.

"You can't just stay curled up in your penthouse like this— oh my gosh look at those dark circles! Have you even been sleeping the past two days?" Moon's hands clasped my jaw lightly just to take a good look at my face.

"Sleep is for the weak. Why are you even here in the first place?" I finally spoke as I slapped away his hands.

"I heard about what happened... do you want to talk about it? I-I'm sorry I couldn't come here earlier to comfort you." He sat down on the couch next to me.

As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my eyes prickle with tears of grief. I looked down into my lap as my eyes blurred and a single teardrop landed into my hot mango tea.

Standing up, I walked over to the plant pot near me and poured the remaining amount of tea into the dry soil. That plant's probably gonna die, but who cares? By the looks of it, it was already wilting and its leaves were withering away.

"If only I could turn back time," I spoke softly, trying to prevent my voice from cracking.

"PhoeB, if you still love him, you can forgive him," Moon began. "but there's no guarantee that he won't do the same thing again."

I clamped my mouth shut. Did he really think it was that easy to forgive Zuho in a blink of an eye? I mean, he had sex with another woman during his re-life period. How could I not get mad?

All of a sudden, my phone beeped and its screen lit up in the darkness of my cold penthouse.

I glanced at it and surprisingly, saw the username of one of the most annoyingly handsome dudes on the planet.