~Chapter 9: Pity~

(A/N: Hi hi~ if you don't mind, I'd like to switch between Nixie's real name and her surface world name. Sometimes I just feel like using Seol, and sometimes I just feel like using PhoeB idk why)

«T H I R D P E R S O N»

Seol woke up the next day at around 4:00 am, as she had been completely knocked out after what happened to her last night.

Seol found it so hard to even move, and by the looks of how dark and empty the penthouse was when she woke up, Zuho had already left without cleaning up the glass shards of the broken vase which he attempted to smash on Seol's head last night.

It was terrible, really, how could a sweet and loving boyfriend suddenly turn into a fearful and abusive person?

Seol walked up to the huge mirror in her room, and lifted up her shirt a bit, only to see lots and lots of purple bruises. When she lifted up her shirt a little more, even more bruises could be seen.

Seol's left eye was swollen and made it hard to see, the corner of her lip was bloody, and her fingers were covered in blood and filled with cuts due to getting stepped on continuously.

Yes, you're right, why didn't Seol just defend herself? She's a master in Judo right? Wrong. This is different. How could she even dare to go up against a full-blooded angry demon like that? It's basically suicide.

The pain she felt all over her body was so unbearable, she found it so hard to even walk to her own bed to sleep or do anything else. She figured she wasn't able to ride her motorbike anywhere for a while, meaning she would have to ride Uber or just take the bus.

Seol wouldn't be able to call Theo or Moon to send her anywhere either, since they'll lecture her and make the problem even bigger.

After finally getting into a comfortable position to sleep, Seol finally dozed off until she was woken up by her alarm that was set to go off at 8:30 am.

Feeling too lazy and hurt to wear something stylish, she decided to just simply wear a white tshirt and blue jeans, plus a really long and oversized hoodie which would cover her eyes when pulled over.

Seol also decided to wear a black mask so nobody would question the large bloodstain on the side of her lips.

How was she going to even get through this day without her black and red heart aching at every step she took?

Somehow managing to drink a couple blood packets, (no tea though, no time for that) she dragged herself into the elevator, dragging out a sigh of relief when nobody stepped into the elevator until it reached the ground floor.

From far, people would think Seol was a murderer, with that oversized hoodie draping over her eyes scarily. The fact that she was wearing a bag and limping raised even more suspicion to the other residents in the lobby.

At one point, the security went up to her and asked her to come along to the front desk to confirm her identity. Seol didn't want to be treated like a prisoner, so she had no choice but to pull down the hoodie and black mask, making the guards widen their eyes.

"I'm Hwang Seol, resident on the 16th floor. Here's my ID."

"M-Miss, is there something wrong? Is there anyone abusing you? We're guards, we're always here to protect the residents of this building." One of the guards questioned professionally. It was their job, anyways.