Chapter 16- Pain Pills

Amanda gazed at the pills marvelling at how they were called pain pills and they were literally going to get rid of her pain.

"Don't be scared." She told herself. "You can do this." She took a handful of the smooth pills and looked at them trying to gather the courage to swallow them all.

Her phone rang. It was probably her mom. She looked at it and saw an unknown number. Amanda's curiousity was getting the best of her. No one called her except her parents. Amanda decieded to she would answer it to see what it was, then she would swallow the pills.

She wasn't going to let a dumb phone call make her back out. It was probably a solicitor anyways. "Hello." Amanda said as she answered her phone.

"Hey Amanda!" It sounded like a boy. Amanda was stumped. Who is this? "Hey it's Zenas. My mom got your number from the school and I decided to call you. I just wanted to apologize if I was rude to you at lunch today. Do you maybe want to hang out? I got this new video game but its not that fun to play by yourself."

Amanda was completely shocked. "Umm i don't know." She said. "I'm kind of busy right now." Busy killing yourself...

"Come on Amanda." Zenas said. "What are you busy with?"

She didn't even know what to say. A million emotions coursed through her body, she thought about her love for the piano she thought about how she loved her family even though she didn't really understand, she thought about how she still had a future ahead of her that she could be destroying. "Amanda?"

And she even had the oppurtunity to have a real friend now. "I guess." She said. "When do you want me over?"

"Right now is good." Zenas said.

Amanda smiled. "Okay I will be on my way."

Instead of putting the pain pills back in her mom's bathroom she flushed them down the toilet.

She looked at herself in the mirror and for the first time she didn't feel disgusted with herself. Amanda knew she was never going to be the pretty thin girl but that didn't make her life any less meaningful. Being fat and what she thought ugly wasn't the end of the world. She had so much going for her and she started to cry. How could she be so stupid to actually think about trying to throw it all away?

Zenas would never know how he basically saved her life. But he did and all it took was an act of friendship and love.

Sorry for the super cheesy ending and yes this is it! I'm sorry its so short and super cheesy and I feel like it sort of sucked but it was dragging out and I had this idea for an ending for a while so idk. I hope you liked it and I know I did I actually feel really relieved that I finally finished a book especially this one and I really hope you guys get the message from reading this and any feedback and comments on it would be much appreciated. I love all of you who have stuck with me on this it took wayyy longer than it should have but I almost gave up on it for pretty much a year and I am glad I didn't.

VOTE AND COMMENT and make sure to check out my other stuff too!