Chapter 3- Unhealthy Obssesions

Here we go another chapter! :) I can't belive another one already, I'm usually not so good with stories. And I may give up on this :/ I tend to do that a lot. But I hope not, because I really do like Amanda. Anyways please comment! It means a lot. Seriously, I read all them. Those last comments I got just really made me feel good, and it helps me find inspiration to write more. Anyways, here is the next chapter and I think I am going to put it in the watty awards under teen fiction because I don't think this story should really be in the humor section, even though I tried to put a little humor in it. But yeah here is the next chapter! Short I know

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 She had started an unhealthy addiction to magazines. Not those dieting magazines her mom had so kindly gotten her. No, Amanda was addicted to Vogue and Vanity Fair. She would imagine about all the glamorous parties these gorgeous celebrities went to. She would imagine, she herself, lived in one of those huge mansions with a huge walk in closet.

Every article of clothing in there would fit her perfectly, she decided. Amanda read articles about the paparazzi going nuts over these people.

She wondered what it would be like if someone went nuts over her. “Oh look there's Amanda! Doesn't she look gorgeous?” Snap snap! Cameras would go off in her face, but she would be kind about it. She would like her picture being taken. Because in every picture she was perfect. At least in her fantasy world it was.

In reality her school picture looked like some truck ran over it.

Amanda drooled over these beautiful girls' boyfriends, Amanda knew she would be lucky to get anyone at this point. Still it didn't hurt to daydream. How did these girls do it? How could one girl get everything?The looks, perfect body, perfect house, perfect guy, and perfect life?

While in one ugly house in the middle of Colorado was where a girl got the short end of the stick.

“I am going to lose weight.” Amanda told herself while she was looking through the magazines. “I don't care how, but I’m going to do it.” Then maybe she could get a piano too.

So she skipped dinner.

“Are you sure you don't want just a little chicken?” Her mom asked as Amanda sat down sipping a cup of water. Everyone else had a full plate.

“I'm not really hungry.” Amanda lied. She actually was very hungry, and the chicken looked delicious. Normally she would of have had three pieces by now.

Her dad raised an eyebrow. “Well if you want some salad or something there's plenty there.”

Amanda's mom put a hand on her husband's shoulder. “Don't pressure her.” She said with a smile. “She may be trying to lose weight.”

Amanda couldn't help feeling frustrated by the remark. Everything always came back to her weight. “Oh she's eating a lot, no wonder why your getting big, Amanda.” “Oh, your not hungry? Good job for trying to lose weight.” “Oh your tired? Maybe you should try to get in shape.”

Amanda abruptly got up. “May I go to my room.” She said. “I'm not feeling well.”

Her parents looked a little startled. Amanda never left the dinner table. “I guess so, Amanda.” Her mom said. “Go lay down, I’ll check on you in a bit.”

“Pass the chicken please.” Nicole piped up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Now today,” Mrs. Christansen's voice rang through the classroom. “I am going to help you get ready for a speech you will present in class a few weeks from now. Cue the groans.” She paused dramatically. As predicted the kids groaned in response, and there was a few chuckles as well.

Amanda's stomach jolted. She hated standing up in front of class. Hated it. “I want the speech to be five minutes long. It's not that hard really. As for the topic, I was thinking your guy's speech could be about fear. What is your greatest fear? How do you....?” Amanda wasn't paying any more attention.

Greatest fear, that was stupid. She didn't like spiders, she decided. Her speech could be about that.

But spiders seemed little in comparison of another fear she felt almost every day. There was no way she was going to do a speech about that she decided. No way.

The bell rang, and Amanda felt herself jump too quickly out of her seat, her books dropping on the ground. With a sigh she bent down and picked them up. Making herself the last person left in class. “Amanda,” Mrs. Christansen said from her desk. “Is everything OK?”

Amanda looked up and plastered a big smile on her ugly face. “Yes.” She answered, wondering why on earth she would ask such a thing. “I'm alright.” She walked out of class her stomach rumbling.