十二

Jungkook held Jimin's tiny hand in his own huge hand. It would have been an understatement to say that Jungkook was enjoying the smooth texture of the little boy's hand. He felt like an uncle once again. He was used to meeting new people but that also meant he was used to losing people in his life.

Whilst immortality did not exactly seem like the worst punishment, Jungkook had experienced enough for him to know that he wanted to finally pass away. As much as he tried to find his bride, it would always be to no avail. At this point, Jungkook was exhuasted and gave up on his search. He figured that his bride was probably already dead at that point and he'd missed his chance.

They two boys stopped at an ice cream parlour with a bright pastel theme. Luckily, it was not so packed inside. It was mostly couples on a date or friends hanging out on a large table. Jimin rushed at once towards the counter where a large arrangement of ice cream flavours were stored. He looked back at Jungkook with a large grin plastered on his face. He notioned for the elder to come closer. Jimin pressed his lips to the Jungkook's ear.

"Can I get the vanilla one, please?" Jimin whispered shyly. Jungkook gave him a puzzled look.

"Vanilla? Out of all the flavours, you want vanilla?"

"It tastes the best with toppings." Jimin replied timidly. Jungkook shrugged and went up to the woman behind the counter to ask for the ice cream. Five minutes later, Jimin held a large cup of vanilla ice cream drizzled with various toppings and delicacies.

"Thank you, hyung!" He whispered into Jungkook's ear again and took a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. "What flavour did you get?"

"Oh just mint choc chip." Jungkook replied, showing him his cup. Jimin's eyes widened causing a chuckle to escape Jungkook's lips. "Want some?"

Jimin nodded and took some of the mint ice cream. He, slipping the small plastic spoon into his mouth, grinned directly afterwards.

"Wahh hyung, it tastes really good!" Jimin giggled in delight. He looked deep into Jungkook's eyes which was now making a crease due to his wide smile plastered on his face. It was then when Jungkook felt a pang in his stomach.

It had been long since Jungkook had been this happy with a child. It was as if he was always wanting to protect children and keep them out of harm. It had been like that ever since he had ended up on the Earth.

He figured it was his natural human emotions but he could never understand why he would start crying when he did interact with children. Jungkook would feel guilty in some way and reduce himself to tears.

I trusted him and he betrayed me.

***

"We've been meeting each other a lot recently."

Jimin sat on the edge of the bench as he waited for his bus to arrive. Jungkook stood next to him, sipping on his coffee. He pretended as if he had not heard Jimin call out to him and continued to look at the scenery before him.

"Stop pretending you didn't hear me, Jungkook." Jimin said, raising his voice. Jungkook turned his head and faked a gasp.

"You're here?" He said. Jimin giggled but Jungkook kept his icy glare. Jimin stood up at once.

"I'm sure I didn't summon you," Jimin said, walking up closer to Jungkook. The air around him was oddly freezing that day. Jimin donned an oversized yellow hoodie and a red scarf. Each breath Jimin took, a small puff of clouds would appear. Jimin always found it fascinating and loved every little bit of the cold.

"Well, I have to go somewhere." Jungkook replied. Jimin scoffed.

"You can go anywhere by going through a door. Why would you take public transport?" Jimin reprimanded him.

"Is it a crime to take a bus every now and then?" Jungkook asked him, looking at Jimin in the eyes. Their stares were locked for a second before Jungkook looked away. Jungkook took another sip of his coffee.

A green bus stopped in front of the station. "This is my bus," Jimin stated, before hopping onto the bus. Before the doors could close, he turned around and said "Goodbye, Jungkook."

- - -

"You were a bit late." Taehyung said as soon as Jimin sat down on the table with his tray of food. Jimin was starving and not to mention, stressed. As usual, Jimin was already being handed several assignments and was told to rewrite his essay.

"Well, go talk to Mister Lard Arse about my research papers being unacceptable and I had to defend myself for nothing." Jimin took a large spoonful of food into his mouth.

"I can help you, if you want." Taehyung said but Jimin shook his head at once.

"I wouldn't want you to stress out over me," Jimin said, almost chuckling, "I can do this alone."

The cafeteria was not as loud today. As much as Jimin preferred the quietness, he found quite unsettling. He felt as if this was a warning.

"Hey, want to go somewhere after school so we can both relax. I'll buy you food." Jimin suddenly suggested as soon as Taehyung took a spoonful of rice into his mouth. Taehyung

"But exams are near." Taehyung replied. He shortly realised that his mouh was full of food and his cheeks tinged a deep red.

"I know but I just miss hanging out with each other." Jimin replied, not minding Taehyung's full mouth. "Just today."

Taehyung swallowed. He looked at Jimin with a questioning look and then sighed. "Fine. Just today."

Jimin grinned widely. "Yes!" He said as he fistbumped the air.

"But you have to promise that you'll be ready for the next exams." Taehyung quickly added.

Jimin raised his pinky. "I promise."

ayy iz been quite a while im sorry fam.

been going thru a lot and shiz. longer chapter than usual bc i feel guilty af lolol

ily all and stay tuned for the next chapter ;>

- danny