Corrosion Episode 4

"I don't like punching bags, I like punching people," J-Hope grinned evilly at Karen. They were in a workout gym area, about a twenty minutes drive from Karen's house. Karen had finished her warmup and was now hugging one of the punching bags, staring blankly and uninterested in him. "Firstly, we'll work on the durability of your elbow attacks. Keep your shoulder loose and flexible, while making sure you whack into the side of the punching bag with the hardest part of your bone," J-Hope instructed, sitting on a seat to watch her. Karen rolled and eyes and began hitting the huge six-foot neon orange punching back with her elbows, the blows forcing her to keep a firm stance. J-Hope just sat back and dug into his hamburger, nodding as his taste buds agreed. Karen noticed his foolish acts in the corner of her eyes, shaking her head.

        As she hit the bag, she began remembering all the hurt she had to endure in the Underground Arena. Her intensity kept at a steady firm pace. She knew she did not want to back to that torture, but she also knew those people that place did not deserve to be there. She was so focused on busting a hole through the punching back, she didn't notice, her shoulders were growing tense. J-Hope hands caught the inside of her biceps, before her elbow hit the bag, "Relax. If you keep doing this the wrong way, you'll injure yourself before you get to the Championship," he warned.

Karen huffed, "I'm fine," as she jumped a little to relax her muscles.

"Do it for another five minutes, we'll work on your knee attacks next. The last time I saw you use that on someone, you hurt yourself because you knee upwards at your target's face. Instead, you need to focus your energy on lunging forward," he instructed, staying right by her side as she trained.

        "This is torture," she whined after another hour and a half, honing her attacks. J-Hope shrugged his shoulders innocently. "You can't eat in my face, and then stand next to me and let me smell how good the food is, while I'm training. Can you at least get me one?" Karen asked a bit upset he was just standing with a derp smile while drinking water.

       J-Hope just smiled wider, raising an eyebrow like he enjoyed letting her starve. "I'm just kidding. That's enough for today. Let's go home, take a shower, and we can enjoy the luxury of food," he cooed, swaggily walking out of the room.

Karen scoffed in disbelief before grabbing her towel and throwing her empty water bottle in the trash, "Wait for me!" She called, running after J-Hope.

"Why are you so slow?" he called back, opening the car door for her. Karen shook her head, but as he walked around the car to get in his own seat, she couldn't help but let out a grin.

        "Isn't this scary?" Karen asked J-Hope as she tied her hair in a ponytail.

"You're the first gladiator I've ever had, so this feeling is new, but yes, it's a bit exciting," he answered, still lying on the sofa, face snuggly shoved into the cushions.

        Karen shook her head nervously gulping, as she began to put her shoes on. J-Hope had been working a lot recently, so he was very tired, and definitely not in the mood to move. The only comforting thing Karen was able to assure herself of, was that he would probably break the next person who tried waking him up. "A friend sort of rubbed off on me, some time ago," he had told her.

        Another Master had challenged them for the possession of Karen. The process was for the Master and his chosen Gladiator to fight against wanted Gladiator and his Master. If the challenging group won, they would pay, a beforehand agreed price, and keep the Gladiator. If the challenged group won, the beforehand agreed price would be doubled and paid to the Master of the challenged group.