i mean it

"David! Wake up, dumbass," River whispered-scream. The boy fell asleep in the middle of watching High School Musical Two, and that's when River felt offended. He shuffled next to her, groaning. She slaps his face gently a couple of times to wake him up, but nothing. She looked over the clock and t was now 8:30 and her dad was about to come for her in thirty minutes. "Dude, wake up."

"Fuck off." He jokingly says.

"Excuse me?" She said, acting shocked. "I'm leaving you!" She quickly jumped off of the bed, trying to get away. But David quickly grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to him. She fell on top of the boy, as he laughed. "Ow." She says, standing up from their position.

"What time is it?"

"7:30 p.m." She answered, walking to the table, cleaning up the mess in the hotel.

"You don't have to do that, there are cleaners for a reason." David said in a 'duh' tone. He also stands up from his position, going to his bag, looking for a certain something.

"I want to. I feel messy," She smiled. "You owe me a date to the movies the next time you come. Since you slept on me."

"My bad." David said, putting his hand up in defense.

"Yeah, yeah," She chuckled. "You lookin' for something?" River asked, notacing David.

"Uh, no." He quickly answered, not looking her way. He faintly heard an 'okay'. He finally felt a box down somewhere his bag, so he reached in, pulling it out. He saw the black, velvet box, as he smiled. He opened it carefully, seeing the promise ring in front of him. He shoves it in his pocket, turning around, seeing River sit on the bed, on her phone. She looks up at him, smiling.

"You okay?" She half smiled.

"Yes!" David exclaimed. "But I need to give you something," David sits next to her, smiling. She scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. "So, we've been friends for a couple of months now, and I really enjoy being your friend. If you didn't know, I also really, really, really like you," He sighed, keeping his smile, River smiling in return. "And I would do anything for you. And I wanna promise that." He searched his pocket for the box, pulling it out. Her faced changed from happy to in aw.

"David, what are you doing?" She asked, chuckling. He opened the box, revealing a gold promise ring. She smiled, looking at David in the eye.

"I really love you, and I promise to always be here for you." He smiles, handing her the ring.

"I can't take that." She sighed.

"You have to! If you take it, it promises me the same thing."

"Then okay," She said. "But before I do, I also really love you too and I promise, by taking this ring, to always be here for you." She smiled, hugging the boy. After the hug, David gently put the ring on her finger and smiled.

"Oh, look, our first step to marriage." He joked, making her roll her eyes. They continue to smile at each other, before they were interrupted by River's phone ringing. She answered her phone to hear her dad say that he's almost at the hotel. She hung up, sadly.

"Wish I could come with you to the airport."

"It's early in the morning, I don't wanna bother you with that." He smiled.

Five minuted later, River's dad came to the hotel, to pick up River. They both said their goodbyes as River left the hotel.

"Wait, can you wait here for a second? I forgot something!" She told her dad, running the halls back to his hotel. She knocked, waiting for David to answer. Finally, he opened his doors in surprise.

She smiled, attacking with a hug.

"I love you! Don't forget that! Don't leave me! Ugh, you suck!" She mumbles. She heard him laugh, as they slowly pulled away. Then, River grabbed his face, kissing him. She had to tip toe, and he had to lean in. They stayed like that for a couple of seconds, until David wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

"You have to go." David smiled, making River feel his lips curling up. She pulled away, frowning.

"Bye, I love you and I mean it."

"I love you too," He replied. She slowly walked away his hotel room, as he watched her walk to her dad. They continue to walk down the hall to the elevator as David frowned. He closed his hotel door, smiling to himself, goofily. "I really like her, I think I might just keep her."

——
YALL SORRY, THIS AINT EDITED BTU SKCJSJCJS