Chapter 3: The Million Dollar Question

Thomas, Kodi and Berry all followed Tito down near the pier to his home. "You live down here alone?" Kodi asked looking at Tito. "Nah man I live with a group of dogs and our owner," Tito answered. "Who's your owner?" Thomas asked looking down at Tito. "He's name Fagin," Tito answering while looking up at Thomas. The name sounded familiar to Thomas but he couldn't put his finger on it. "Alright guys stay here I'll go get my friend Dodger to meet you guys," Tito said before walking into his home. "Do we even have time to hang with this pipsqueak and probably his weird friends?" Berry asked as he crossed his arms. "Hey if he can help, then he can help. I don't see any problem with him," Thomas answered as he leaned up against the railing. "Yeah come on Berry give him a break," Kodi added. Berry sighed as he sat down on a crate and looked down on the ground.

After a few minutes of waiting, Tito walks out with another dog who they assumed to be Dodger. "Here they are Dodge. This is Thomas, Kodi and Berry," Tito said proudly. Dodger studied the trio before looking back at Tito. "Tell me again how the kid talks to animals?" Dodger asked raising one eyebrow up. "Well... he... uh...." Tito tried to speak but couldn't really explain it. "Let me explain.." Thomas said as he stepped forward. "I have a stone that has a power inside to communicate with animals. There is also six other stones that have unique powers that I have as well." Thomas explained. Dodger was a little surprised by this but kind of understood it. "Okay you have my attention. Tito also told me about your guys little problem." Dodger said as he scratches his right ear. Thomas nodded in response.

"Yeah we're in a bit of problem." Thomas said as he crossed his arms. "So can you help us or not?" Berry spoke up. Dodger looked over to the Raccoon and chuckled. "Aren't you the Raccoon that's been in our garbage?" Dodger asked. "No!" Berry said as he stood up and crossed his arms. Dodger then shook his head before looking up at Thomas. "Me and my group will help as much as we can. We'll do anything for Oliver." Dodger said with a smile. Thomas then got down on knee and took out his hand to shake Dodgers paw. "Then it's a deal," Thomas said as Dodger place his paw in Thomas's hand and then they shook on it. "Deal," Dodger replied before turning to look at Kodi. "And so what's the story with you?" Dodger asked looking up at Kodi.

"Nothing much to say. Just my names Kodi and I'm one of the sons of Balto." Kodi explained. "You don't say? The same Balto who saved all those kids and a bush plane pilot?" Dodger asked. Kodi nodded with a smile. "Huh. And weren't you apart of that team who saved that pilot as well?" Dodger added. Kodi again nodded with a smile. "Well I'll tell you guys this now. It's a whole new ball game out here in New York." Dodger said with a smile before heading back into his home. "Come on I want you to meet the rest of your new team." Dodger said while walking inside. Berry jumped off the crate and hopped on Kodi's back. As Kodi walked inside with Berry, Tito went in after them with Thomas just about to follow them in until he's phone received a text message from Ashlind. "Shit," Thomas whispered to himself as he took off to head back to the docks. Not long after that Thomas made it up back to the docks where he saw Ashlind standing next to her car. "What do you want now?" Thomas asked rudely. "Easy bad boy, I just want to talk." Ashlind said with a smile. Thomas chuckled as he leaned against his car. "Talk about what? You already took everything from me. You and your Boss Kidman." Thomas explained as he crossed his arms.

Ashlind chuckled as she stepped away from her car. "You know my aunt isn't so bad once you get to know her." Ashlind said putting her hands in her pockets. "She's your aunt?" Thomas asked in shock. "Unfortunately yes she's my aunt." Ashlind said with a small smile. "What does she want from me?" Thomas asked. Ashlind chuckled "isn't that the million dollar question. I don't know what she truly wants from you, but I know it's big and it has to do with your stones," Ashlind explained. Thomas sighed and shook his head. "Isn't it always has to do with my stones," Thomas added. Ashlind shrugged her shoulders before answering. "I don't know. Is it?" Ashlind asked. "Sure feels like it," Thomas answered. Ashlind nodded in response before hearing her phone and then answering it. "Ashlind." Ashlind said on the phone. "We have an opening?... great we're on our way." Ashlind said as she hung up the phone. "Get in your car we have a job to do," Ashlind said as she opened her car door. "What makes you think I'll do this job for you?" Thomas asked while crossing his arms. "Because... I can get you in to see your dad for a few minutes if you complete this job." Ashlind answered. Thomas thought about for a moment and then agreed. "Alright let's go," Thomas said as he was about to get into his car. "Oh and one more thing." Ashlind said as she walked over to Thomas. "What?" Thomas asked looking at Ashlind.