Chapter 5: Put Me Back Together

    Thomas, Kodi and Berry all walked down the stairs to meet with the man who Alan used to work with. "Fagin?" Thomas said as he made to the last step with Kodi and Berry right behind him. "Thomas? You gotten so big! What brings you here to new york?" Fagin asked with a smile. Thomas then walked up to Fagin to shake his hand. "Well... it was supposed to be a vacation but now where in some bad news," Thomas said as he shook Fagin's hand. "Really what kind of bad news?" Fagin asked now taking his hand back. "Fagin would you mind coming into the living room and then we can talk about that," Shella asked as she stood up from the couch. Fagin nodded as he walked into the living room. "Dodger!" Oliver said from the top of the stairs. "Hey kid!" Dodger said while looking up the stairs,

Dodger and his crew all went upstairs while Thomas, Kodi and Berry stayed down stairs. "So what's our game plan?" Berry asked. Thomas took out his phone to see if anything as happened, but there was nothing to report. "So far it's a waiting game." Thomas said as he sat down at the bottom of the steps. Berry sighed as he sat next to Thomas. "Why does this always happen to us?" Berry asked. Kodi and Thomas both looked at Berry before sighing themselfs. "I'm not really sure," Thomas answered. "WHAT!?" Fagin shouted from the living room. Thomas, Kodi and Berry all looked towards to the living room as Fagin raced out the living and stood in front of Thomas. "You have a stone to talk to animals?" Fagin asked with a smile. "Yes. but it's not a toy," Thomas said looking up at Fagin. "But Thomas! Please let me hear my dogs talk please!" Fagin begged on his knees. "I'll think about it," Thomas said as Fagin stood up from the ground. "What a pushover," Berry with a laugh.

Thomas only rolled his eyes and then shook his head. "You heard what he said didn't you? Fagin said as he pointed at Berry. "Yeah I did," Thomas simply said as he looked down to the ground. "What did he say?" Fagin asked now looking at Berry. Thomas took a deep breath in before answering. "You don't want to know," Thomas said as he looked up at Fagin. "Oh," Fagin said as he scratched his head. "HELP!" Jenny scream from her bedroom upstairs. Thomas, Berry and Kodi all jumped up and raced up stairs. "Jenny?" Shella said as she too ran upstairs. Once Thomas, Kodi and Berry made up to the top of stairs they noticed that the piano room door was shut. "Hey! Let us out of here!" Oliver called from inside the piano room. Thomas then pushed the chair out of the way of door that was being blocked. "What happened?" Thomas asked as Oliver, Dodger and his crew came out of the room.

"Help! Please!" Jenny cried again from her room. "Shut up!" said a males voice from inside her room. "I know that voice," Thomas said as he tried to enter Jenny's room, but couldn't because there was something blocking the way of the door from the inside. Thomas then used all force and kicked in the door. Thomas couldn't believe his eyes of who he saw in the room trying to take Jenny from her home. "Jedediah?!" Thomas shouted with Kodi by his side growling. Dodger and his crew all started growling with Kodi, even Oliver started to hiss at Jedediah. "Thomas we meet again huh?" Jed said with a dark smile. "What are you even doing here?" Thomas asked now making a fist with his right hand. "Trying to kidnap the girl as you can see," Jed said with chuckle.

"Let her go now!" Thomas ordered. "I don't think so!" Jed said as he held onto Jenny tighter. While Jed was distracted from talking to Thomas, Jenny then bit Jed's hand. "Ouch! Damn it!" Jed shouted as he lets go Jenny. "Get him!" Thomas ordered as he went forward to Jed. Jed then took his focus back and took off down the fire escape. By the time Thomas and his friends made it to the window, Jed was already down to the alley. "Shit," Thomas said while trying to think fast of way to stop him. "Berry!" Thomas said out loud as he turned and looked at Berry. Thomas then picked up Berry and then aimed at Jed. "Thomas what are you doing?" Berry now getting scared. "Hold still Berry." Thomas said as he aimed at Jed's head. "No really what are you doing?!" Berry now looking down at alley. "Try and catch this Jed." Thomas said as he was about to throw Berry. "I'm not a super coooon!" Berry shouted as Thomas said as he threw Berry at Jed's head.