Chapter 4: Wolves

Thomas shot open his eyes as he found himself inside a dog cage. "My head..." Thomas said as he rubbed his head. Suddenly the cage door opened with Thomas seeing a light in the middle of the room. Thomas gathered himself together as he got out of the cage. Thomas looked around and noticed he was in a pit with high walls and many cages around him. "Well look who's up," Kidman said with a smile as she looked down at Thomas. "What is this Kidman? You gonna be like that guy in silence of lambs? Telling me to put lotion on the skin?" Thomas as he crossed his arms while looking up at Kidman. "No I have something better in mind," Kidman said with a smile. "And that is?" Thomas asked still crossing his arms. "You will have to fight him," Kidman said as she press a button releasing another cage door to Thomas's right.

Steele jumped out of the cage while growling and showing his teeth. "Oh come on! Not you again!" Thomas said as he looked at Steele before looking back to Kidman. Kidman chuckled before speaking up. "You'll have to fight him with him," Kidman said as she pressed another button releasing another another cage door to Thomas's left. Thomas turned to his left with eyes widen as he saw who came out of the cage. "Balto?" Thomas said in shock. "Thomas?" Balto said in a low tone. "What's he doing here Kidman? How did he get here?!" Thomas shouted in anger. "I have my ways," Kidman said with a laugh. "You'll pay for this!" Thomas shouted as he made a fist with his right hand. "Hey! If you fight and win. I'll let you take Balto with you and you can see your old man for a few minutes. Now enough talk now fight!" Kidman ordered before dropping a wooden baseball bat.

As the baseball hit the ground, Thomas was quick to act and grabbed the baseball bat and started swinging at Steele. Steele played his moves smart and jumped out of the way and charged at Balto. Steele pushed Balto on his side and started to bite his neck. "Hey!" Thomas shouted to get Steele's attention. Steele stop biting Balto on his neck and turned to looked at Thomas. Thomas swung his bat as hard as he could, hitting Steele in the muzzle. Steele flew into the air and landed on his side. "Home run!" Thomas cheered. Steele spits blood from his muzzle before looking at Thomas. "Now your going to get it!" Steele shouted in anger. "Uh oh," Thomas said now noticing his bat was broke from the powerful swing he did on Steele.

Steele then stood up and growled in anger before jumping forward at Thomas getting ready to bite Thomas's arm. Thomas then braced himself for impact, but nothing happened. Balto had jumped and pushed Steele back on his side. "Stay away from my son's kid!" Balto snarled. Steele growled as he shook himself off. "I'm going to make that scar on your face much bigger lobo!" Steele growled. "Then show me that you mean it!" Balto shot back. Steele then jumped forward now attacking Balto. As Balto and Steele were fighting, Thomas was trying to figure a way to help Balto from not getting himself killed. Thomas looked at the broken bat and then thought to himself. "A torch!" Thomas said out loud. Thomas then ripped off a piece of his shirt and wrapped it around the broken bat and then got out the light stone and fire stone.

"Flash bang!" Thomas shouted as he slammed the two stones together causing them to make a flash of light and smoke in the room. Thomas then uses the light stone as a lighter and lit up the piece of his shirt that was wrapped around the broken bat and made a torch. Thomas looked forward through the smoke and saw that Balto and Steele were still fighting. "Balto! Get down!" Thomas ordered as he threw the flaming bat at Steele. Balto ducked down just as Steele was ready to jump on top of him. Steele was then smack in the muzzle by the torch and was burned. Steele started yelping in pain as he was trying to brush off the flames from his muzzle. "What's going on down there?!" Kidman said as she turned on the sprinklers to clear the smoke and fire. Kidman smiled as everything was cleared up.

Steele was in the corner rubbing his muzzle in the cold wet dirt as Thomas stood next to Balto who had fallen to the ground in exhaustion from the fight. "Balto!" Thomas shouted as he got down and checked to see if Balto was alright. "Well done Thomas! Well done!" Kidman said as she clapped. Thomas then stood and looked up at Kidman and shook his head. "Are you happy now?" Thomas asked as he threw his arms in the air. "Very happy! Now that door to your right will take you to your father just leave poor little Balto here and he'll be waiting for you before you leave." Kidman explained with a smile. "Not a chance! He's coming with me!" Thomas said he picked up Balto and walked into the next room. "If that's how you feel then so be it," Kidman said as the door closed behind Thomas.