5;

✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️

I send Hazel into the bathroom after taking off my flannel for her

I send Hazel into the bathroom after taking off my flannel for her. It leaves me with only a black t-shirt to brave the cold later tonight, but at least she won't be drenched in beer. After all, my mother didn't raise an asshole. If a lady is in trouble, you help her out. Even if that means giving her the shirt off your back...literally. And even if that "lady" doesn't really act like a lady. Who said chivalry was dead?

The bathroom door clicks open and Hazel steps out. The red checkered flannel I gave her is practically drowning her, nearly reaching her knees. She's not short by any means, but she's still swimming in it.

"You're still here?" She raises an eyebrow at me, and her lips twist into a scowl.

Man, what the hell is this girl's problem?

"Yeah. Wanted to make sure no one tried barging in on you." That's an acceptable answer, right?

"Well thanks." Her blue eyes narrow briefly before she lets out a soft sigh. "Sorry I was a bitch."

I can't help but grin. "What was that?" I cup my hand around my ear and lean closer. "Didn't quite catch what you said."

"Oh fuck off," Hazel grumbles, but she smiles back at me anyway.

When she smiles, genuinely I mean, I have to admit it's quite beautiful. She's got the type of smile that lights up her entire face, even her eyes shine.

She pushes past me and for a second I think she's just going to leave me hanging in the hallway, but then she turns and beckons me with a curl of her index finger.

"Come make sure nobody causes me to spill my next drink all over your shirt."

And just like a lost fucking dog, I follow her.

✖️✖️✖️

"You sure you're okay to drive?" Hazel asks as we head for my Jeep.

"I was supposed to be the DD for tonight so yeah." I hit the unlock button on my keychain and wait for the beep. It echoes from somewhere down the block so I gesture for Hazel to follow. "Where do you live? In the dorms still?"