18;

✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️

"I don't have anything to wear!" I yell to no one in particular, arms flying high above my head in exasperation

With a huff, I fall onto my bed and continue to groan childishly. Laundry needed to be done like three days ago but I just didn't have the time this week. That's a lie. I probably could've found time to squeeze in a couple loads, but then that would take away from studying and more importantly time with Tyler. Which is why I'm in this predicament to begin with.

I have the strong urge to flail both my arms in legs and let out a blood curdling scream, but I manage to resist. I'm already acting like a seven year old, no need to revert all the way to being a toddler.

Someone raps their knuckles on my bedroom door softly, hesitantly. A few seconds later Mabel pokes her head in, her dark hair pulled back into ponytail. Her pale green eyes shine in muted amusement as her gaze flickers around the room from me to the piles of clothes thrown about.

"What's going on?" she asks lightly, still lingering in the doorway.

"I have no clothes."

Mabel chuckles. "I beg to differ. You have clothes they're just not in your closet anymore it seems."

I make a disgruntled noise in the back of my throat and shoot her a dry look. "Not helping."

She steps in fully and gestures to the simple leggings and pullover university hoodie she's wearing. "I'm in no position to give you fashion advice, babe."

My lips twitch into a smile. "Touché. I'll just have to suck it up and put on my big girl panties."

Mabel rolls her eyes and heads back for the door again. "Where are you headed to anyway?"

"Tyler invited me to his hockey game tonight," I reply as I get to my feet again.

"Are you guys...a thing?"

I pause in a crouched position, my fingers brushing over a sweater I had thrown. I wouldn't normally lie to my best friend. Withhold certain truths from her sure, but I would never blatantly lie. Yet with Alex and Mabel spending more and more time together I don't want to give up the facade Tyler and I are involved in. He wants his roommates to believe we're an item so it puts me in a sticky situation.