19;

✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Back at the Jeep I pull out a first aid kit from the glovebox and begin sorting through it until I find the cold pack

Back at the Jeep I pull out a first aid kit from the glovebox and begin sorting through it until I find the cold pack. I crack it between my hands to activate it and then give it to Hazel who sits sideways in the passenger seat with her legs hanging outside of the vehicle. She drapes the pack over her knuckles immediately, positioning most of it over her thumb, and lets out a content sigh.

We stay quiet for a few minutes, both of us off in our own little worlds. I have no problem admitting that what that douchebag Levi said to Hazel pissed me off. The fact that he has zero remorse for the shit he pulled on her is sickening, but when he made it clear that he wanted to do it again it made my blood boil.

If Hazel hadn't have thrown the first punch, I certainly would have. It bothers me to find that I enjoyed laying a few on him, makes me wonder what kind of person I am if I enjoy aggression and violence off the ice, but at the same time nothing tops the psychopathic tendencies of Levi.

Man am I glad that fucker took a hike. I scrub a hand over my face and wind it behind my head to rub the tension from my neck. I don't even want to ponder the idea of what would have happened if Hazel didn't stop me. I had felt so much anger towards him that I didn't even realize how many times I swung after Levi.

"Have you gotten into a lot of fights, Ty?" Hazel asks in a small voice.

I peek over to find her blue eyes trained on the cold pack. Her blonde hair forms a curtain around her face, hiding most of it. The suddenness of her question throws me off and I'm left scrambling for answers in my head.

"Not really," I reply cautiously. Sure, I would get into a few scuffles back in high school, but none of it was ever serious. "Why do you ask?"

"Just trying to understand how you know so much about it. Like with the closed and open fist thing," Hazel murmurs.

I move to stand against the back door of the Jeep, letting the back of my head rest against the window as I stare up at the night sky. There's not too many stars to be seen tonight, not with the glow of the city around us anyway.