Part 2 A Past Long Forgotten

I begin to walk towards the "bad part of town" where mafia members are often known to gather. Luckily, I manage to stumble upon one right before the "border." I begin to pick a fight with the man, and I get prepared to take him on, but suddenly four more mafia members come out of nowhere. This is not good. I can take two members, possibly three if you push it, but five. I'm going to need some help. Thankfully, the man that was tailing me jumped in to help. During the fight though I think part of my hair got caught on something. Oh well, I just pick up my things, thank the man, and leave for the grocery store.

Near's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the center of a room building a structure made of dice, when Gevanni walks in. He says that during a fight with suspected Mafia members, he managed to get a piece of the girl's hair without her noticing. I thank him, then ask him to take the hair to be analyzed. "After she has been identified, it will be much easier to use her as a suspect." I say aloud to no one in particular.

After the analysis is completed, he walks back in clearly surprised.

"Is something wrong Gevanni?" I ask

"No," he says, "But after the analysis was complete, we discovered something very strange."

"What is it?"

"Near," there was a long pause until Gevanni spoke again, "when the hair was analyzed, there wasn't a single person who matched it."

"So the girl isn't registered in any databases, is that all." I said

"No," Gevanni said again.

"Then what is it?"

"Although there wasn't anyone registered in the databases, there was one person who turned out to be related to them."

"And who is this person?" You ask getting a little annoyed, but not showing it.

There was a long pause before Gevanni finally spoke,
"You."