O N E

Liam P.O.V.

" So tell me, what's your song Breathing In about? "
The female voice filled the room.
" you already said in a German interview that it was written about someone special. Would you like to tell us more? "

" Well, sure. Breathing In was written two years ago when I first broke up with my current boyfriend at the time. We fought all the time and it didn't feel right anymore so we broke up. Obviously we still loved each other 'n stuff but at the time the relationship was more a burden that anything else. The song is about the time before the actual break up when I realised that something wasn't right and I couldn't sleep. It is simply about the feeling you get in your chest when you know something is wrong but you can't put your finger on it."

Zayn's voice was as smooth as Liam remembers it , making him smile.

He didn't mean to watch this interview, he really didn't.
But somehow he ended up on his couch with his phone in both hands and the interview on full screen.

A little did he know that this song was about him. He heard it on the radio often enough to understand the lyrics and process what it was about, Liam wasn't stupid.
But hearing it was something else.

" Are you talking about Liam Payne? I think that was around this time wasn't it? " the interviewer asked him, making Zayn squirm in his seat.

Liam's heart stopped for a moment at the mentioning of his name. He might was used to it being named in the media but it was quite some time since he was mentioned together with Zayn.

" Yeah-" Zayn tried to say but the end got lost.

" Oh darling I'm sorry i shouldn't have just asked you that. "

" No it's okay . And yeah it is kinda written about this. "

" Can I ask you how the relationship of you two is now? I mean a lot has changed between you. "

" I'd say it is alright, we still talk to each other sometimes and I mean broke up on good terms. He was really sweet about it. "

Liam could easily see how a slight blush appeared on Zayn's cheeks, making his chest fill up with some kind of pride because he still got an effect on him.

" That's nice to hear, zayn. What about your new album that's coming out soon? Do you have anything to say about that?"

" Well obviously I can't say much but it's in a new style I wanted to try out. Goes more into all that r'n'b stuff and the lyrics are a lot deeper I guess. "

" You're going up on stage here in a bit are you nervous ? Got any dirty details about the single you're about to perform? And last but not least what is it called?"

" Uh I'm quite nervous , it's called Silent Water and I don't know about dirty but it's quite personal and it is in fact my favourite song from the new album."

" Well with that being said, Ladies and Gentlemen and everything in between this is Zayn Malik and his brand new single Silent Water!"

With her last words the crowd broke out in cheers and clapping, making Zayn smile as he stood up and walked over to the platform where his mic was placed.

For a second Liam played with the thought to stop the interview right there but the curiosity about the new song won.

The camera showed Zayn adjusting his mic stand and his ear piece before looking but and giving the viewers his million doller smile, filling Liam's belly with butterflies.

A slow melody started to play, supported by violins and Zayn's backup singer humming some kind of beat.

The intro ended and Zayn's voice filled Liam's living room , making him feel like back in the old times.

" I know I wasn't your best...But baby let me tell you you were mine. I know I didn't say everything I wanted that night...But baby I know you did. "

Not only his voice but also the lyrics made Liam realise again why Zayn got so famous. Everything about that god that boy ( or men ) was so real.

" Not tellin' lies anymore. If I could I would turn back the time...Back to the time where it was you and me. But I know I'm stuck in here hiding from the truth."

By the end of the song the video stopped , leaving Liam kinda breathless.

For a moment he laid still on his couch. The world on pause and the focus on his thoughts.

After all this time Liam still had it bad for that little guy from Bradford.

Shaking his head and clearing out the sad thoughts he closed the YouTube app and opened the messenger app.

Hey Z,
saw your new interview + performance. Was quite interesting.
Liam 4:56pm

After Liam pressed send he closed his eyes and laid back. Precessing everything that he saw.

Until he felt his phone vibrating in his hands.

Liam
Hi
Nice to hear from you again. Did you like the new song?
Zayn 5:01pm

It was nice.
Who did you write it about this time?
Liam 5:02pm

Sorry that was mean from me
Liam 5:02pm

Polite as always ,Liam.
I don't know it is about someone special I'd say.
Zayn 5:03pm

Got a new boyfriend then?
Liam 5:03pm

Shit I'm sorry. I didn't mean to send that. Dunno what's wrong with me.
Liam 5:04pm

Putting his phone aside . Liam rubbed his hands along his face.

God he was so stupid. Why couldn't he hold a simple conversation with him?

It's alright mate. Don't worry
Zayn 5:05pm

Wanna catch up sometime? Talk face to face? Haven't done that in a while.
Zayn 5:05pm

And yeah, that actually sounded nice.