T W O

Zayn P.O.V

It shouldn't be that hard, right? Meeting his exboyfriend again for the first time in three years.

Zayn felt like he was about to throw up. He still couldn't really grasp why the hell he send that text. Of course Liam had seen the interview, why would he not if it was all twitter was talking about? But that he texted Zayn surprised him. They texted occasionally, like when one of them won an award. It was often just a small "good job" or when a new single came out it was a "sounds amazing".
They didn't have long and deep conversations. Why would they. They broke up years ago.
Yet, Zayn couldn't help but wish they had. When you've been in a relationship that lasted for a long time you become a part of each others lives and you start to slowly become one. At least that was what LiamandZayn always were. There was never a "Liam and Zayn", there was never "just Liam" or "just Zayn".
Their whole relationship was build on trust and support, so when one of them went somewhere the other would never leave their side. It was what both of them needed at that time. Or at least that's what Zayn thought.

He would never have guessed that all this was too much for Liam but well, it was what broke them up in the end so.
All this fighting and all this pissing each other off, when Zayn thought about it, it still made his heart ache.

And now, three years later he was the one asking Liam to meet up again.
After he had send the message, Zayn put his phone down and closed his eyes.

"what if he doesn't want to see me?" he thought. "what if..."

He never got to finish that thought as his phone vibrated on the coffee table in front of him and the screen flashed Liam's name.

Yeah sure.
I'm free on saturday.

Liam 5:23pm

His heart stopped beating for a moment when he saw the message. Alright, so they are really gonna do this it seemed.

12pm at the old caffé down town?
Zayn 5:24pm

He thought about adding the address but then again, he hoped Liam would still remember the place they met for the first time all those years ago.

Alright, see you then.
Liam 5:24pm

So it was a date.
Well not a date but you know.