The next morning at breakfast, I've learned that mum hadn't touched the doll. Me and my mother assumed that Phoebe  had put Donny in the closet.

After Phoebe woken up, she dressed Donny in a yellow shirt and Australian leather shorts worn with suspenders. She then put a dark green yodeler's hat on his head.

Later, while my mother attended a meeting at the bank, Phoebe and I sat on the swings in the backyard. I kept the infant monitor in my pocket, which allowed me to keep tabs on Doris, who was sleeping in the nursery.

"LouLou, i have a joke for you. Knock, Knock." Phoebe grinned.

"Who's there?"

"Boo."

"Boo who?"

"Oh, don't be such a cry baby! Haha!" She giggled.

I chuckled, not at the lame joke but at Phoebe's silly laugh. When we both stopped giggling, that's when we continued to hear laughter-- a child's snickers.

"Where the heck is that coming from?" I asked, glancing around the backyard, then realized the sound was coming from the infant monitor in my jacket pocket.

"Shit! Doris!"

I rushed into the house with Phoebe following close behind, knowing full well the snickers couldn't possibly the baby's. I flew up the steps and reached the door to the nursery, but i couldn't open it.

"It's stuck! I couldn't open it!" I moaned out loud.

"Louis what are we going to do?!" Phoebe panicked, looking like she was about to be in tears. "Doris is in there!"

Still hearing the laughter coming inside the nursery, i instructed Phoebe to step back as i lowered my shoulder and banged against the door. While frantically trying to get it open, i spotted Donny's hat on the floor a few feet away. "Shit! I'm coming Doris!" Again and again, i threw my shoulder against the door until it reluctantly opened. Wasting no time i bolted into the room.

To my relief, there was no intruder in the room. I ran to the crib. "Fuck not you again!" I muttered. Sitting up at the foot of the crib was Donny, flashing that once-so-cute-but-not-anymore grin. Doris was half asleep and squirming.

"Aw baby, no wonder you're uncomfortable. Its freezing in here!" I opened the window to let the warm, sun-kissed air inside.

"Come here baby, i got you." I say reaching down in the crib for my baby sister, hugging her.

I sat in the rocker hoping that this would soothe Doris. All the while, i kept my eyes on Donny --- a doll i disliked more with every passing minute.