Chapter17: deep down

Narrators prospective:
Betty driving dangerously down the roads of the tragic town of riverdale. Nervous for her boyfriend who didn't get into to much detail of the situation, and nervous for her friend sitting next to her in the passenger seat , nervously tapping her hands to the side of the car door.

They arrived at the hospital running in to see Fp talking to a lady at the front desk, fangs sitting in a chair tapping his foot to the ground bitting away at his nails . Jughead walking back and forth rubbing his hand through his Beanie free head . " what's going on are you okay ?", Betty ran up to jughead taking his face into her hands examining the un armed face . " no , no I'm fine", he said removing Betty's hands from his face. Instantly looking at Toni who was still in a state of shock . Jughead walked up to the slighter shorter girl putting his hand on her shoulder. "Sweet pea - he uh", he stumbled on his words for a long second . " just spit it out Jones I'm sure I could take it", Toni said with a small pity smile trying to hide the tears forming in her eyes . "Sweet pea was coming from the bar last night and when he was driving and he hit a pot hole and hasn't woken since we're waiting on a solid condition".Toni hand no response except the tears now falling down her cheeks, jughead pulled her in for an awkward but confronting enough hug to let her completely break down .

Meanwhile back at Veronica's
"That was Betty she said that sweet pea got into a wreck, and that she'd be there with jughead,fangs, and Toni and that we were welcome to come", Veronica said her phone still in hand . "Did she say anything about Toni?", Cheryl questioned standing up from Veronica's bed. "Not much , but I texted Archie we were going to meet up there for support", Cheryl only nodded in response assuming Toni probably didn't want her there and set back onto  Veronica's bed . "You should come", Veronica suggested seeing the conflicted expression on Cheryl's face . "I don't know, I don't think this is the right time". Veronica sat on the bed next to Cheryl and put a friendly hand on top of the redheads . "Cheryl when is the time ever really right?". Cheryl didn't say anything she just sat in silence. " okay we're not doing this you hear me", Veronica said standing up. "Get your ass up be there for her , she needs you and only you right now", Veronica demanded taking Cheryl's hand and pulling her out of her bedroom making sure to grab her and Cheryl's purse. Cheryl still silent still deep in thought . Veronica lodge giving her relationship advice , maybe a part of her felt guilty for breaking up the iconic couple that literally everyone enjoyed. But she was right the least she could do was be there , be there in the presence of the girl she loved.

Narrators pov:
Cheryl arrived just shortly after Archie who made it five minutes earlier before the two. Instantly in walking in , everyone was at the edge of there seats , tapping ,fidgeting, anything they could do to keep there hands busy. Cheryl didn't notice Toni, she scanned the open space for the girl still no siting . It wasn't  until jughead noticed her eagerness and pointed to the hallway just besides the front desk. Cheryl rapidly made her way passing patient rooms and a soda machine. She noticed bright pink locks in a tight up ponytail and silently yet swiftly made her way over to her.

Toni's pov:
I hated hospitals the fear, the smell, the cold. It just always gave me a bad feeling. I can't help but feel guilty , guilty about not calling to check up on him after he didn't come home last night. Instead I was busy doing something with someone I couldn't ever get enough of. " hey", a sweet voice came up behind me as I was bending down to pick up my apple from the slot to the vending machine. I stood up and looked up at the slightly taller girl. I wanted to speak but I was legit choking on my tears . "you wanna talk" she asked. I nodded in response I walked to the wall by the vending machine leaning my head on the wall sliding down. Cheryl next to me trying her best to break the ice. "What? You're not hungry anymore?", referring to the apple still in my hand. "I wasn't ever really hungry , I just had to get away from that", I said indicting to the half sleep group in the lobby. "I get that", she replied back chipping her nail polish. "But do you , I can't help think that maybe if I didn't go out with all of you maybe I wouldn't be sitting , sitting in this cold damp place that stinks of death". I turned my head a little bit on the wall to see her reaction . " someone once told me that the worst thing about life is that it balances it out . For one good thing there's a bad thing. Whether it happens to you or not . The what if game won't reverse the time. It's what you do after the fact, that determines you're fate". It was said in soft tone that I heard many times before . " who said that?",I asked. "you" , she responded taking my hand still not looking at me, playing with my rings. " yea? Well I sound like a load of bull shit",causing her to laugh just a little bit. "Well that's what I thought the first time it was said to me but, after a while it sticks", she said back nonchalantly moving closer to me. I rested my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes , dozing off for the first time since yesterday night. I woke up a couple of minutes later , to Cheryl lightly shaking me . " Toni hey get up I think the doctor is saying something", Cheryl pointed down the hall to the group of people crowding the doctor. By the time Cheryl and I were fully down there they were done talking .

"Guys? What's up ? What he'd say?",I questioned the worry essential returning to my voice . Fp spoke up "a couple of bumps and buries,a fraction in his left knee,broken arm, they said he'll be in out but as soon as he's fully awake we're allowed to see him". I sighed out loud a hand going over my head as I was tilting it back stoping the tears that we're ready for the worse. Cheryl placed a hand on my shoulder. Whispering "see I told you everything was going to be alright". I turned around to stare into those chocolate brown eyes . I pulled her into a hug , holding on as tight as possible "thank you". "Anytime".