Chapter20:Way back

Toni's pov:
We were just getting of the plane. There were no plane stations in riverdale so we had to drive the rest of the way. I was actually really excited about going to see my friends get married and what not. But it's been five years and nothing ever really good comes out of staying in riverdale to long. Cheryl and I were putting the bags in the rental car ,she was still a little tired from the plane ride so I offered to drive . She laid across the back seat reading that same book I tried to throw away on plenty occasions. Every once in a while I looked in the mirror to see if she was actually reading which she wasn't. She had the book laid across her chest and her phone held in the air above her.
"Do actually read the book, our is it just there to make you look smart", I said causing her to look away from her phone and cross over to passenger seat.
"I do read it , it's just that I get distracted", she said reaching for her phone again. I quickly snatched it away and put it in the slot next to the car door. "Then read to me", I said looking over to her . I kind of felt bad about last night , and I know we're not that typical sex every night couple . But I still have wants and needs .
And let's not forget that first couple of months in New York it was constant , on Cheryl's end. I mean legitimately everywhere and anywhere she didn't care. But still I had no right to be that mad over it , "read to you?". "Yea , why not?". "Okay" she said reaching in the back to grab her book and glasses. She honestly kept me up it was a good book from the few pages I had heard , I was starting to doze off.

Cheryl's pov:
I offered to drive seeing that Toni was becoming tried we still had four hours left to go. But it's like as soon as she hit the passenger seat she was wide awake staring out the window . That's when I heard a phone ring I thought it was mine but she reached down into her bag and picked up hers. I kept driving that was until I heard a series of typing and I looked over to see

Jeremy

Dude I'm surprised you don't
go on vacation more often!

Why is that?

Uhhh are you forgetting that
you're loaded. You could
basically  sit on your ass
until you're dead

😂😂😂😂.
                                                             Is that all you     
                                                             Wanted to 
                                                             say?

Yup! See you soon pink
haired goddess.
                                                             Watch It!
                                                           Taken💍

She then turned of her phone and left it on her lap and resumed looking out the window.
"Looks like Jeremy's getting a little to close for comfort", I said not taking my eyes off the road.  "If I didn't know any better I'd say your jealous", she said turning her body position to face me. "Yea and so what if I am", I said back nonchalantly. "You've met Jeremy . He's southern everyone from down there is extremely flirty", she said laughing . Causing me to laugh to because if that wasn't true . Like this one time we were down in New Orleans for Toni and we were getting cat called every time we hit the pavement. Jeremy was Toni's assistant, he'd set up the meetings, the events and she'd just show up . I wasn't ever really quite fond of the kid but I was nice. He'd come over a lot to our place to organize events and why him and Toni would be sitting at the table. I'd sit right in the same room on the couch watching tv to make sure he didn't get to out of line. Toni noticed it but she was much more sly and charming than me so she could easily get herself out of those situations.

Toni's pov:
I was now driving Cheryl next to me asleep. When we passed that huge green sign welcoming us to riverdale I didn't wake Cheryl up until we got to our hotel . "Cher , get up were here", I said lightly shaking her. She got up slow and got out the car to stretch her legs . I checked us in and went back to grab our bags as we made it to our room. It was a small but homely and was kept up nice , I mean this was five star in riverdale . We were going to meet everyone at pops our old hang out in an hour so I went to take a shower. After I was done Cheryl got in , and she waited until I was completely out and dressed before she got in. Like she was terrified to see me naked . I changed my shirt a few times. Admiring my serpent tattoo that had begun to fade . I wanted to get it redone it was apart me after all. But I knew Cheryl would probably shut the idea down . She hated that I was in the serpents she thought it was dangerous and savage, that's another reason she chose to move so far away. I settled for a cute girly baseball jersey,white jeans with little rips in them and some girly biker boots that Jeremy got me for my birthday last year. Cheryl also brought me a pair just in a different style,I had them as well. Those boots were my favorite because they had little jewels all over them. I looked in my bag for something to top it all off , not even really sure what.
My serpent jacket I slipped it on just in time to see Cheryl walk out the bathroom with nothing on but a towel . "So we're back to that again huh?", she said clearly pissed but I handled her calmly. "Back to what?",I asked. "Don't play dumb, 'The Serpents", she air quoted. "I've always been apart of  'The Serpents' I was just away before", I said mocking her words . "Well I'm not going anywhere with you wearing that. Take it off", she commanded I scoffed she couldn't be serious. "No", I said back adjusting it around my shoulders. "Now Toni", she said making her way over to me and jerking the jacket from my arms.

Cheryl's pov:
I was tugging it off of her hard she was laughing I wasn't I was serious . That was until I accidentally hit her in the face trying to pull the jacket off upward. She instantly stopped laughing and looked at me like she was ready to hit me back. I was terrified that she might, "Toni I-I", she held up a finger trying to relax herself cause I pretty sure the reason she was laughing because if she really wanted to she could probably hurt me. "Get dressed, and then come down stairs I'll be in the car", was the last thing she said before exiting the room and slamming the door shut behind her .

Toni's pov:
Cheryl just hit me I mean of course I knew it was a accident. But if I hadn't caught myself after the fact I'm 99% sure I'd hit her back. But I was pissed off and looking at her pissed me off and to be honest the only reason I was still going to pops was because of Veronica and Archie and if we didn't go, there would be a swat team outside our door. Cheryl came to the car and opened the passenger door and sat down . I looked down to what she had on which made me even more pissed . "Are you serious right now", I said spite laughing rubbing my hand across my head. "What do you mean?",she asked still shaken up a bit by the event that occurred before but I didn't care. I reached to the back of the car causing her to flinch and I threw her a jean jacket. "What am I supposed to do with this?", she asked. "Wear. It.",I exclaimed. "W-why?", she asked another annoying question. "Because right now I don't feel like dealing with some guy or girl for that matter looking at you in that tight ass dress you call yourself wearing . So just put on the damn jacket!", she did as she was told. "And if you don't throw it away when we get back I'll burn it ", was the last thing I said before starting the car and pulling off.