Chapter 1: So, who is it?

"Will this help us?"

Jennie asked the question as calm as she could. Her hands shook a little and she saw her President glancing at it. She pretended to flick some unknown dirt from her newly bought Gucci skirt to cover up her raging emotion.

YG leaned back at his ridiculously expensive chair. He stopped staring at Jennie enough to shuffle through the mess in his desk. The silence that followed her question was already answer enough.

"Will I be given preparation time at least?" Jennie asked again, face devoid of any emotion.

YG didn't looked up from the file he started reading. "Why would you need any preparation time? You ready yourself and do your best for each challenge with whoever your partner will be."

Jennie suppressed rolling her eyes. "Of course." She stood up and dusted her skirt again. Clasping her hand together politely, she bowed he head and spoke softly. "Will there be anything you'd require of me?"

This time, YG blatantly gestured the door with a flick of his hand. "Don't embarrass your group. Try to unfreeze your expression more and act like a lovable girl for once."

Her expression was tight when she turned towards the door sharply. The tiny click of the door behind her prompted her to bang her head against the wall. The pain was nothing compared to the impending doom she could feel a miles away. The day started bad enough with Rosè clogging their bathroom, she should have known it would not get better with YG's sudden call.

"Hey, what's up?" a female voice called.

Jennie turned to the source of it and saw her senior, Park Bom's curious face staring at her. "You alright?" Bom asked again, stepping closer. "You look really pale or is it because you're not wearing any make-up? I do hope you hid yourself well while coming here barefaced. I can see a remnant of breakouts in your chin."

"I wore a mask." Jennie couldn't help her defensive tone. "Anyway, getting caught barefaced is the least of my worry today."

"Why?" Bom glanced towards YG's closed door. "He called for you?"

"Yeah." Jennie scrunched her nose. "Apparently, I was chosen to enter in The Couple Challenge next month."

Bom's expression shifted from concern to bitter regret. "At least you'll have semi-permanent show."

Jennie felt a pang of discomfort and quickly schooled her face once more. "I'm sorry, Unni--"

"Don't be sorry." Bom cut her off sharply. "I still have lots of fight you know."

"I know, Unnie." Jennie wanted to wrap her hands around her senior's frail body, noticing just how much Bom lost weight for the past months she had been on hiatus. She wanted to express in her touch just how much she yearns for Bom to snap back like she used to but if there was anything YG taught its trainee, it was too avoid skin ships as much as possible.

Bom smiled at her tightly. "You should just enjoy the show. You're still young. Maybe you'll fall in love with your partner."

Jennie scoffed. "Yeah right. Men are pigs."

"Except your angel?"

The statement caused Jennie to redden. "Stop it, Unnie."

Bom chuckled and patted her back lightly. "Goodluck."

"Goodluck too." Jennie said, and then deciding reservations could go fuck themselves, gave her senior a brief hug. "I am rooting for you."

She watched Bom's figure enter their president's office before quickly walking away. She pulled out her mask from her bag and put it on. It was only 12:40 o'clock in the afternoon, too early to come home and truth be told, Jennie wasn't really looking forward to the amount of teasing she'd be subjected to from her fellow groupmates. She could almost visualize Lisa's cackle when she hears the news. Or if her groupmates haven't already caught a whiff of the news.