Chapter 5: Beers and Jenga

The next days of Jennie's pathetic life were spent either pathetically binge eating or even more pathetically destroying her health by wasting it away on intense dance practice. Her band mates were already well-informed on what transpired between her and Jimin and what will never ever transpire between them anymore. Jennie plucked out her earbuds and exhaled loudly, her face scrunched into angry wrath as she spat at the mirror in the gym.

"He's gay?" Jennie scowled and beside her, Lisa scowled in return but directed at her sweaty pathetic figure.

"Jennie, he's gay." Lisa said, exasperation clear in her voice. "He's G.A.Y. And there's nothing we can do about it. You already said you want him to be happy. Dick makes him happy. You don't have a dick. End of story."

"I know but..." Jennie started limping at the available bench in the gym and like a withered flower, literally collapsed down atop it. "He's gay."

Lisa preferred not to respond anymore because Jennie has a tendency to repeat her first love's sexual orientation so much these days that she sounds like one of Bigbang's hook lyrics by the manner in which she blurts it out anywhere and anytime. When Lisa appeared not to humor her anymore, Jennie looked up at the ceiling and replayed the mental image of Jimin sitting on Yoongi's lap, very well naked thank you very much, and felt her stomach sink like THE black hole itself. Why? When? And how long?

Taehyung said it was only a year ago since Jimin started dating Yoongi. How about back then? Was her thing with Jimin every truly was a thing or she's just a pathetic assuming bitch? It kills to think that for all Jennie had held on to the idea of Jimin, it will never happen. Because as much as Jennie made herself believe that she chose her career, at the deepest corner of her desire, so deep you will need a scuba suit to dig it, she was still hoping that after the no-dating policy has been lifted from her contract, she and Jimin would still be together.

No matter how childish she sounded, it was what kept her going sometimes when the loneliness became too much.

After five more minutes of celebrating her misery, Jennie bid Lisa goodbye for a second to buy herself a frappe. Gym was clearly not helping take her mind off Jimin so food it is then.

She walked the familiar steps towards her favorite café robotically, ordered her favorite frappe and sat beside the glass mirror again. She was in the middle of replaying Jimin's face again for the thousandth time when a stranger sat in front of her. It took her to process Jungkook's uncertain face before she could utter a 'Hi'.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you." Jungkook started saying, his cheeks flushing a bright pink as she continued staring at him blankly. "I just didn't expect to run with you here again."

Jennie shrugged. "I love this café."

Jungkook fidgeted when she didn't add anymore to her statement. "You look sweaty. Did you come from the gym?"

"Yeah."

"Frappe's really bad for your though. Too much sugar."

"I know."

Jungkook sighed. "I'm really bothering you, right?"

"Not really."

"I should leave."

"If you want."

"I don't really want to leave." Jungkook said slowly, his tone careful and eyes scrutinizing her bored expression. "But you might want me to leave."

"Then do what you want." Jennie rolled her eyes.

They fell into silence then. Jungkook settled down in the chair and begun playing with his phone while Jennie continued to sip her frappe. She studied Jungkook's face and tried to pinpoint every aspect that changed since he was just a trainee. Clearly, he changed just as much as Jimin but whereas Jimin kind of held unto his child-like innocence externally, Jungkook grew up to be a man. Now, Jennie only briefly took up Genders classes in school but she could see that Jungkook leans towards the hegemonic type of masculinity.