Chapter 3

Chapter 3

These past few weeks I kept dreaming about the trip to Hawaii with Olly. He's the only one I dream of. My favorite part if the trip was when Olly said that he loved me and I dreamt it many times. It's the only dream I want to have over and over, but I guess you cant have everything you want.

Every night I hope and wish that I could dream about Olly saying that he loves me and wishing that he still does. Last night I dreamt I was in the book store with him and he was holding my hand. He smiled at me and it showed his dimples then he kissed me. But his kiss felt different, it was like he was kissing me goodbye. Suddenly a blonde girl showed up and grabbed Olly saying he was hers and I was nothing anymore. Olly and the girl left the book store and I tried to follow them but when I opened the door I was back at my house in the sun room. The girl appeared again and said "You lost your chance with him when you pushed him away."

I woke up crying and scared. I knew it was a dream but maybe it was true that I had lost my chance to be with him. I glanced at the clock and it was 5 in the morning. It was too early so I went to sleep again hoping that I won't dream about Olly, happy dreams or not.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to the sound of vibration of my phone. I answered not looking who was calling me.
"Hello?"
"Good morning Maddie sorry to wake you, I was just going to remind you that I'll be in your hotel by 10 sharp."
"Okay see you later Zach." i hung up.
I guess time to get up now. Rosa was just finished taking a shower when I got up the bed.
"Oh good you're up!" Rosa said smiling.
"Yeah, sorry I got up late. I couldn't sleep last night.
"It's all good Maddie. I'll just finish getting ready."

We had breakfast in Clinton St. Baking Company. Rosa's friend said they had the best blueberry pancakes and we must try it before leaving New York, and they were right. I ordered the blueberry pancake and it was mouthwatering. Rosa had the buttermilk biscuit sandwich with scrambled eggs, melted cheddar, and tomato jam. It was one of the best breakfast I've ever had.

Rosa was telling me about school and her friends.
"Trust me Maddie you'd love College. You'll find new friends and meet so much people."
Rosa goes to UCLA but wants to transfer here in New York but she says that Carla won't approve of it. Surprisingly she wants to be a nurse like Carla but its hard for her and her mom to be far away from each other for a long time she says. Suddenly Rosa shifts the subject and asks me about Olly.
"I know you don't wanna talk about him Maddie but do you still like Olly?"
I stare at my plate for a second and just nod. Rosa stretches her hand to mine and holds it with comfort.
"Its okay Maddie, all first heartbreaks are the worst but it makes you stronger. Trust me."
I stare at her and smile. Thankful that she's here and understands what I'm going through.
"I love him Rosa, and seeing him with someone else broke me."
"Are you sure he's with someone else? Maybe it was just a friend?"
"I was just a friend." I emphasized friend because it was true. I wasn't anything but a friend. We were just friends- good friends as Olly said then.
Rosa then taps my hand and says
"You'll figure it out Maddie, you're one of the strongest and most bravest people I know."
"Thanks Rosa." I felt good in what Rosa said and was thankful for it.

Rosa accompanied me to the hotel first and left to meet her friends. It was 9:35 when I got back to the hotel and was surprised that Zach was waiting already.
"Hi Zach you're early"
"Yeah traffic was light so I got here early. You ready to go?"
"Yeah, where are we going?"
"Its a surprise" said Zach grinning.