Chapter 5 Olly

Chapter 5

I couldn't get the picture out of my mind. All this maybe is giving me a headache. Maybe I just missed her too much. Maybe I was daydreaming. Maybe I was seeing things. Maybe I was going crazy. Maybe it was really her. Maybe. . Maybe. . Maybe. . Maybe Maddie still loves me. Maybe. . . . .

It's been 24 hours since I think I saw her and I still can't get it out of my head and my heart. I was sure it was her, but then I knew that it was impossible because she can't or couldn't be here.

Zach called me last night sounding flustered and was insisting on seeing me.
"Dude! I know its late but we gotta meet tomorrow! No questions asked, okay? Just meet me tomorrow 10 am. I'll text you where. Got it? See you man."
I agreed, but what was so important that we gotta meet tomorrow and Zach texted me this morning.
"Dude wake up! Lets meet at Eddies Sweet Shop in Queens later at 10:30 and don't be late!"
I don't know whats up with Zach but he's my best friend and he's only here on vacation so I can't ditch him.

It was 10:15 when I got to Eddies.
I called Zach before entering the shop.
"Dude I'm outside Eddies where are you?"
"Here already."
"Okay" I hung up and went inside to look for him.
I saw him sitting in one of the booths and sat beside him.
"What's up man? Whats all the fuss about? Is there something wrong?"
"Nope" said Zach with a huge grin on his face.
"You're acting weird dude. Seriously what's up?"
I saw that there was a chocolate ice cream shake in front of me, it was my favorite so I grabbed it.
"Thanks for ordering me my favorite dude."
When I took a sip I saw a purse in the other side of the booth and asked him if he was with someone.
"Is this mine or are you with someone?" pointing at the shake.
"Actually dude I didn't order that."
"Who did then?"
"Its Maddie's"
"Maddie who?"
He pointed towards the counter and when I turned to see who It was, I was shocked and couldn't believe it. It was her. She's here. She still looked beautiful and cute. How can she be here? Was it safe for her? I must know. She was looking down wiping her shirt and when she reached the booth and sat down, she finally looked up and our eyes met. She looked shocked but still beautiful. Those freckles, oh how I missed those.
She looked like an angel and all I could manage was "Hi" I couldn't hide my joy. I was grinning from ear to ear. Then she spoke.
"Hi." Sounding a little cold. She looked confused and stared at Zach.

Wait! Zach knew she was here in New York and didn't tell me! What the hell was going on?

"What's this Zach?" I asked looking confused.
"Yeah what is this Zach?" Maddie sounds mad but why?
"Whoah! Aren't you glad to see each other?" said Zach also looking confused.

I look at Maddie and she looks pissed, but why? Didn't she want to see me?

"Of course I'm glad to see her."
Maddie looked at me again but seemed confused, she looked away breaking our contact and said something inaudible.
Zach placed his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye.
"Dude can you answer this? If you knew she would be coming to New York, would you have wanted to see her?"
"Of course dude, why wouldn't I?" I answered and looked to Maddie.She looked tensed.

"Maddie why didn't you say you were coming? I would have picked you up at the airport." Maddie just started at her lap not looking elsewhere.
"I didn't know if you'd want to see me and I didn't want to bother you." she said it so fast like she didn't want to talk to me or about it.
"Why would you think that Mads?"
Zach suddenly butt in.
"Dude she saw you with someone yesterday. Who was that anyway?"
"Yesterday? What? Where?"
Then I realized that I was right. It was really Maddie at the book shop. I looked at Maddie who looked up and gave Zach a look like she was saying 'why did you say that'.
"So I wasn't seeing things after all. I knew it was you at the book shop but when I got out door I couldn't find you. I thought I was seeing things."

XXXXXXXX
Thank you for reading❤️ will update 2 chapters at a time if possible.