Chapter 6

Maddie's POV

Chapter 6

Why is he here? I'm so confused, how could he be here?
He was grinning from ear to ear when he said "Hi."
Didn't know what to say and feel, I just said the same thing to him. I looked at Zach to know what was Olly doing here. I was really confused so I had to know why was he here. Before I could even speak, Olly asked Zach.

"What's this Zach?" He also looked confused.
"Yeah what is this Zach?" asking after Olly.
"Whoah! Aren't you glad to see each other?" said Zach.

I am glad to see Olly, but not like this. Not while I'm still hurting from yesterday.

"Of course I'm glad to see her." Said Olly.

Wait, what? I'm confused, maybe he was only saying that. "Yeah right." I said under my breath.

Zach placed his hand on Olly.
"Dude can you answer this? If you knew she would be coming to New York, would you have wanted to see her?"

I think my heart will explode. I don't wanna hear this and I don't wanna get hurt anymore. Then Olly's answer suddenly surprised me.

"Of course dude, why wouldn't I?"

He looked at me and suddenly I felt nervous.

"Maddie why didn't you say you were coming? I would have picked you up at the airport."

Why was he saying this things? Why is he being sweet to me when he's with someone now. I didn't understand him.

"I didn't know if you'd want to see me and I didn't want to bother you."

I said in one breath. I didn't want to talk about it and don't want him to know that I came to New York for him.

"Why would you think that Mads?"
I didn't want to answer that then Zach suddenly butt in.

"Dude she saw you with someone yesterday. Who was that anyway?"

What the hell?! I look at Zach to ask why the hell would he say that. Suddenly Olly looked confused and spoke.

"Yesterday? What? Where?"

Then he paused and looked at me with relief in his eyes.

"So I wasn't seeing things after all. I knew it was you at the book shop but when I got out the door I couldn't find you. I thought I was seeing things." Olly then stood up and walked to my side and sat beside me.

"Maddie, please tell me why you got out the book shop without even saying a word?"

I dont know what to say to him but the question in my mind keeps on bugging me. Should I just ask him who the girl was? I don't wanna sound jealous or anything even if I am.

Zach stood up and both Olly and I looked at him.
"I gotta make a call, I'll be right back guys."
I know it was just an excuse for him to leave me and Olly to talk.

"Maddie?"

Olly breaks the silence between us. I know I can't avoid it anymore so I guess I just have to do this now.

"I don't know Olly, when I saw you with someone I didn't know what to do. I felt so scared and embarrassed. I just felt like I gotta get out of there. Maybe I was just hoping too much that even after all this time we could go back to the way things was."

I looked up and saw Olly smiling at me and maybe at what I said. Now I feel really nervous, what is going on in that mind of his. He suddenly held my shaking hand and looked me in the eye.

"Maddie, relax okay? I'm not with someone, the girl you saw yesterday was just a friend. She's a family friend and I know what you're thinking, I kissed her on the chick and that's just how we are but believe me Maddie when I say that you're still the one I love and no one else."

Is this for real?! He still loves me?! Is this really happening? I was just overthinking everything and I could have been spending yesterday with him if only I wasn't too narrow minded, but then again who could blame me? I couldn't hide my relief anymore and I smile back at Olly.

"I'm sorry for how I acted then."

"No one can blame you Mads, if I were in your place I'd act the same, but please know that how I feel for you back then and now is still the same." He squeezes my hand and lifts it up to his lips and kisses it. We both smile and he moves closer to me.

"I really missed you Maddie."
"Me too."
We both smile at our confession.
Zach returns and looks at us with a grin.

"So I take it you guys figured everything out?"

Olly looks at me again with a warm smile and answers Zach.

"Yeah, thanks to you dude."

"So Maddie, I take it you'll be staying longer?" Zach looks at me and wiggles his eyebrows.

"I guess so, but I need look for an apartment if I'll be staying. I don't wanna leave in a hotel long term."

"Or you could stay with me?"

I look at Olly and process what he just said. He wants me to stay with him? Like live with him?

"I don't want you to think that you have to, I just think it's better if you stay with me because you're new to the city and all."

"I guess that is true. Are you sure? I mean I don't wanna be a bother to you and your family."

"It's all good Mads and trust me, mom and Kara won't mind."