Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Zach said we were going somewhere special and knew I would love it there. We took a cab going to Eddies Sweet Shop in Queens. Zach said that Eddies was a candy shop that make their own goods and it was a best place to get candies and ice cream. When we got inside Zach lead me to a small booth and we sat right in front of each other.
"The ice cream shakes here are crazy delicious! You have to try it Maddie" said Zach looking like a five-year old.
Looking through the menu I decided to get a chocolate ice cream shake and a small vanilla sundae.
"Good choice. I'll go with the banana split" said Zach and went to the bar. When he got back he smiled at me and I knew something was up.
"So Zach, why did you want to meet up?"
"Well I guess I kinda missed you Maddie. I liked your vibe when we were in Hawaii, and I really wanted ice cream and thought maybe you would want some too."
He wasn't giving away much but I guess I'll just have to wait to know.
Zach talked about his life in Maui and how his parents already accepted him being gay.
"So I'm pretty much happy now that my parents accepted me being gay and my decision to be a rock god."
Our drinks and dessert came and I took a sip of my shake. Oh my gosh! It was heaven! I tasted chocolate before but the shake was so good, it was better than anything I tasted.
Zach saw me appreciating my shake and smiled.
"Aren't you glad I took you here?" Said Zach with a smile.
"I am. Thank you so much Zach!"
"So when did you arrive in New York?"
"Yesterday morning."
"Until when will you be staying?"
"I don't know yet. When I came here I only got a one way ticket not knowing what would happen, but I guess a few more days wont hurt."
I scoop up a small portion if my sundae when it dropped on my shirt. Clumsy me.
"I'll just go get som napkins." Saying to Zach.
I wiped the ice cream off my shirt and when I got back to the booth I was shocked who was sitting across me.