The Isle of the Forgotten Excerpt

(This is jus' a smol excerpt from a story I'm thinking about writing. It isn't the first chapter, just a small scene I have planned.)

The sun shone through the trees, illuminating the small pond. Kai sat on a stone, trowing small rocks into it. He attempted flicking his wrist, only to send the pebble flying into the bank. Deio jumped down from the branches of the surrounding forest, landing beside his friend. Kai gave a small wave.

"Kai? You have no grace," Deio smirked, his furry muzzle twitching as he took in the scents. "Your hand moves like a Therous in a desert." He joked, sitting beside Kai. Kai shrugged, picked up another small stone, and tried throwing that one. Deio shook his head, and picked up a flat one. 

"Like this." Deio held up his furry paw, aimed it, and flicked his wrist. The stone flew from his paw, slapping the water as it skipped. It jumped about five times before it sank. Kai shook his head, giving a small laugh. Deio saw his friend's slightly down demenour, and frowned. He tilted his head, and Kai sighed.

"It's... Valia... She's acting strange. She's constantly making sure the scrolls are there, making sure one of her's isn't missing... It's bugging me. My sister doesn't normally act so strange. And when I asked her why," Kai stared into the rippling waters, watching his wavering reflection. "She snapped at me, told me that it wasn't my buisness. That even though I'm some great hero, that doesn't mean she must tell me everything. It's just... My sister and I have had such a good relationship that this is really tearing me up..." Kai glanced up, waiting for Deio to respond. He expected his friend to look concerned, or even want to help. Instead, Deio was snickering.

"And you have the brains of a Therous, too! We got a couple things so messed up, the Deity's couldn't even fix it. One, she's right. She doesn't have to tell you anything. And after the whole... incident... She probably won't trust you. Just shoving your muzzle into things won't make it any better. Two is that you aren't special. Just because of your eyes or your 'destiny', you aren't any better. You need that ego-check. And three... Are you really that bad at signals? She's obviously trying to keep a secret from you. You're a blabbermouth. Well... She said I could tell if I trusted you, so... She's in love with Avishi. And that scroll is her love letter to her. So she doesn't want you to deliver it quite yet. Plus, she caught you reading mine." Deio smirked.

"O-Oh! I'm sorry, nobody was meant to--" Kai looked at Deio to see if he was mad. His friend seemed fine, however. Kai sighed, and gave another small smile. "I'm sorry. I was concerned... You had been acting odd, too." Deio snickered.

"You are the definition of a busy body! I'm fine! I was just sending a payment!" Deio said, standing up. He held out a paw, pulling Kai up. Kai smiled, baring his sharp teeth in a friendly fashion. His tail twitched from side to side, the bulbous end brushing on the hard stone he stood on. Deio jumped off, leading the way out towards the camp. Kai followed, his eyes catching the sunlight. He buckled his satachel close, and left the camp.

The beast smirked, it's torn mouth curling happily. It's prey was nearing, and it was hungry. The fleshy indent in it's muzzle bled, a thin trickle of black blood. It salivated, the blood red liquid dripping. It sighed, and covered up the spit with his paw, brushing it with foliage. It's bushy tail brushed the ground, and the hunter began to stalk towards the camp. It's prey had finally slipped up. And now the real fun begins...

*******

Avishi sat beside Valia, watching the camp. Valia kept finding herself gazing longingly at Avishi, always reprimanding herself when she did. Avishi was one of the most beautiful beings that Valia had ever seen. Her fur was a soft grey, silky and smooth. Her eyes were a rich purple, and her tail was long. Avishi's paws were long, and she was just tall in general. There was also the fact she was a noble, but it didn't matter to Valia. She was nice, she was beautiful, and she was going to be hers.