same day

Hennessey's pov

Me and the new boy walk into the detention room as the teacher was scolding another student. I sit in the same place as always as the new boy sits next to me.

He brings the desk closer to me as the teacher yelled at him telling him not to move it but he didnt listen. I giggled alittle as I did the boy looked at me with a smile.

I can tell he was smiling cause it was the first time I showed any type of expression. I was surprised too I never seen his smile it was cute.

I shake my head at the thought changing my expression back to blank as I continue drawing. The new boy takes the book and looks through the pages I didnt mind I just laid my head on the desk as he looked through it all.

He grabs my pencil and writes something on an empty page.

'My names Jahseh Text me after school -203-###-####'

I smiled at him and he smiled back I nod my head and take my phone out adding him to my contacts now.

The bell rings meaning we go to the last special we have and then we leave. I get up and jahseh gets up following me to the last special we have. Gym.

We walk in and everyone turns and looks at us. We look like evil ass niggas were both wearing all black with our hoodies on.

I shrug it off and grab a basketball and start playing. Jahseh joins me and tries to steal my ball.

I laugh as I can tell he wants a 1v1. I start dribbling the ball crossing it underneath my legs back and forth pretending to go left then went right dunkin on his ass.

smiling he grabs the ball and checks in. I make a T with my hand signalling a timeout and lay on the bleachers tired.

Everyone was watching and started whispering about how good I can play.

I look at jahseh as he walks over to me and sits next to me. I sit up gazing at him. He looks back "my names Hennessey" I said in a low voice.

A smile grew on his face as he looks me in the eyes. I get up to get a drink of water as he waited for me at the exit of the gym.

I run up to him and walk beside him as we head to the school parking lot.

We wave goodbye to eachother as I slide into my car and close the door. I start the engine and begun driving home.

I arrive home and immediately take my phone out to text jahseh.

Henny😍:hey jah

Jahseh💙:hey Henny you whooped my ass in that 1 on 1

Henny😍: Lmao you went easy on me

Jahseh💙: I didnt think yo ass was that good

Henny😍:lol I'm bored asf

Jahseh💙: wanna hang out tmmrow?

Henny😍: ofc come over my place(inserts address)

Jahseh💙: ok see you tommrow at school and after😂

I smile as I turn my phone off and lay on my bed, stretching out. I pick up my phone and order some pizza.

hearing a knock at the door I get up grab some money out of the drawer Cynthia said it was in. I yawn as I open the door giving him the money as I take the pizza with my other hand.

I close the door with my foot and place the pizza on the island in my kitchen. I hear my phone ringing so I run upstairs grab it and see cynthia trying to face time me.

answerin i walk downstairs putting just my forehead in the camera.

"Hey princess I heard from your teacher you already had lunch detention but it oks I don't really care as longs as no one bothered you today I dont care what it was for." She says as I hear shuffling in the back.

"Thanks ma but I'm good I met this boy today he was new there too, he act just like me I think he gon be my close friend for the rest of the school years." I say showing my whole face with a smile.

She giggles "thats great baby I miss you I just wanted to check and see if you had anything to eat yet." I nod in respond and turn the camera so she can see the pizza box. "Okay then baby take care call me if you need anything." I nod and she hangs up.

After I ate all the pizza and watched two movies I got up and took a shower doing my night routine and hop in bed. I was kinda excited for tommorow.

Shaking it off I hoped theres no drama tommorow, I image some girls from the gym eyeing me when me and jah was smiling at eachother.

laying down, deep in thought wondering what would happen, worried if I should keep away from jah so he don't get involved in no shit cause of me. I try to force myself to fall asleep but my mind keeps roaming.

I stayed up all night worrying for I dont know what reason.

Getting up to do my morning routine I reach the bathroom and see the darkest bags under my eyes. I shrug and just wash my face and put my white revenge hoodie on with some black joggers and my black adidas.

skipping breakfast, grabbing my keys, and hoppin in my car driving to school.

I arrive to school and get out of my car spotting jahseh across the parking lot. He sees me and starts walking towards me with a smile but it slowly fades away as he gets closer seeing my face.

frowning "what?" I say lowly. "Did you get any sleep." He says concerned. "Not really" I say as I walk behind him as we get into the school everyone eyeing us again.

I hear a few girls squealing as they walk up to jahseh. "Hey handsome can I get your number." One says with a short ass skirt. "Of course you can." He says catching my attention I look him dead in the eyes as he looks back at me.

"I'm joking" he says leaning in to whisper in my ear. I giggle as we walk away, the girl yelling at him for leaving her hanging.

We walk into first period and sit in our usual spot, again jah pulling his seat towards mine. He lays his head down, facing me, as one of his dread peek out of his hoodie. I rub his back as he falls asleep while I doodle with the other hand.

School ends
---------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is the hangout after school.