The holidays part 1

Victoria

School had ended yesterday and most of the Blackwell population had already left. Me and Max decided to leave at five so we knew that no one would see us leaving on break together. I felt so bad for making Max have to keep our relationship secret but she insisted on me keeping my reputation. We packed our clothes in one of my big suitcases and packed it in the car early so that it looked like she was just helping me put it in the trunk. We had been watching movies and cuddling since we put the suitcase in my car, my alarm goes off shaking me out of my trance watching the movie. I sigh and reach over Max and grab my phone shutting off the alarm.

"Its five Maxine we need to go." I sit up in bed only to be pulled back down by Max.

"Do we haaave to." She says curling further into a ball.

"Yes, baby we do, I want to meet your family anyway. How many siblings do you have anyway?" I ask pushing myself out of Maxs grasp.

"One older brother and two younger brothers both are seven and a sister who is fifteen, and my older brother is twenty-three. Be careful around my sister, she can be really bitchy even for Vortex standards." I roll my eyes and Max giggles putting on her shoes. I pull mine on and we walk to my car. My car wasnt fancy or at least I didnt think so, its just a simple black Lexus. Max and I hop in my car and we head off for Seattle. The drive there was about four hours so we had some time to chat.

"So Max if you dont mind me asking whats your obsession with pirates?" I always wondered because she had pirate stuff in her room and a teddy bear dressed as a pirate.

"Oh, Chloe and I used to dress and pretend to be pirates when we were kids so I guess that never left me." Hearing her name startled me a little but it was nice to see that Max can talk about her without crying now.

"Ok, interesting, sorry if I upset you."

"No, its fine Tori I've gotten used to it." We continue to talk for awhile until Max fell asleep. I continue to drive for some time I pull over and get gas. Max had woken up when we pulled into the gas station and insisted that she drive. I wanted to trust her but she only got her license a month ago. She kept insisting and eventually I got tired of her nagging so I let her drive. She was pretty good at driving and I did fall asleep. I awoke to Max pulling into what I could guess was her parents driveway.

"Maxine are we there?" I ask rubbing sleep away from my eyes.

"Yes, we are. Now again be ready." We get out of the car and grab the suitcase. We walk up the stairs to the door. Max rings the doorbell and I hear two pairs of small feet running down the stairs.

"Maaaxyyy!" I hear both boys yelling running down the stairs. They pull open the door and rush over to Max wrapping their arms around her thighs.

"I missed you, Max." The boy with long curly brown hair says.

"What he said." The other boy whose hair was much shorter and a lighter brown than his brother.

"I missed you guys too. Now I have someone very special for you to meet. James, Alex this is my friend Victoria."

"Hi, Victoria." Both boys said in unison.

"Hi, boys, now whos who?" I ask crouching down to be at their eye level.

"The one with long hair is James and the other is Alex." Max said as the boys hid behind her legs.

"Maxine!" Maxs mother yells running from the kitchen.

"Mom, hi how are you. Wheres dad?" Max hugs her mom and looks at her trying to find her dad. He walks down the stairs and smiles walking towards Max. He gives her a hug.

"Hey, Maxaroon. Long time no see. Who is this?" He asks turning to me.

"Hi, Im Victoria I a very close friend of Max." I shake his hand and was careful not to say anything about me and Max dating we had decided to do that at dinner.

"Come on in you guys. Max, your room is the same as it was so you two can sleep there." We walk up the stairs and close the door of Maxs room which was full of band and pirate posters. She had a simple queen-sized bed with blue sheets. I put the suitcase in the corner and flop down on the bed. Max lays down next to me letting out a big sigh.

"So what do you think of my family so far you'll meet Jaqueline at dinner."

"They are a lot kinder than my family most defiantly, they make me feel at home. So nice, they are nice." I say turning over on my side so that I am looking at Max. She leans forward and kisses me softly letting all the stress from the drive flow out of my body and mind. We unpack and continue to cuddle until the brothers pound on our door telling us dinner is ready.

"Come on we have to tell them soon." Max says pulling me out of bed. I sigh heavily and kiss her prepping myself.

"Fine let's go." I give Max a soft smile and head downstairs with Max I meet her sister Jaqueline and we sit down for a home-cooked meal that Maxs mom had made. We all eat the boys are put in time out for fighting at the dinner table and Jaqueline had her phone taken for having it out at the table. We finish our food and I lightly elbow Max letting her know that I am ready to tell them.

"So, Mister and Mrs. Caulfield, Max and I have big news..." I take a deep breath and Max squeezes my hand underneath the table. "We are dating, we have been for a couple of months now.

"Oh, good for you guys, Jake will be happy to know that his little sister is as gay as he is. Max's dad speaks up hiding his smile.

"DAD!" Max whines and eyes her dad trying to be intimidating but ends up looking more adorable than intimidating. I giggle and cover my mouth trying to hide my smile. We help clean up dinner which is new to me so Mrs. Caulfield helps me wash the dishes. It surprisingly made me feel accomplished and that I had done something. Once we finish cleaning the dishes Mr. Caulfield walks into the living room.

"Game night everyone!" He calls out holding up Monopoly. I turn to Max with a surprised look on my face. She giggles and nods taking my hand and leading me over to the couch. We sit down and start the game. Jaqueline is the first to quit saying that it was boring and stupid. About a half an hour later the boys were outed because they started fighting again. Maxs mom eventually quit to go to bed and her dad followed. Leaving me and Max to play, I check the time and it was like one in the morning.

"Come on Maxine, its one in the morning we should go to bed." I say standing up.

"Fine you're right Im really tired." Max stands, stretches and yawns. I wrap my arm around her waist and we walk up to our room after cleaning up the game. She changes into her pajamas and laid down on the bed. I follow suit and lay down next to her and pull her close to me.

"Night baby, I love you." She whispers to me.

"Night, I love you too." We fall asleep both of us wondering what her older brothers reaction will be when he gets here tomorrow.

A/N The holidays section of this story the chapters will likely get longer, and I plan on in a chapter or two for their "first time" together so just fair warning.

Also every quotation and apostrophie I put in disappears when I post my stories wo what may be the problem? Help apprciated.

thanks for reading. :)