The holidays part 6

Max

Its probably around eleven when Im shaken awake, for the second time in two days, by my blonde girlfriend. Vic if its not for food or a date I dont want to get up, I say and whine a little pulling the covers over me rolling myself into a taco.

How about kisses? She asks and I feel her lips dotting my face making me giggle like crazy. See now youre awake. She says and I roll more whining.

No, Im not. I let my eyes open seeing her face right there. Absolute best way to wake up, I say and let the sheet fall showing that Im wearing to hoodie she bought me the day before.

Oh, really you like it now? She asks looking at me like she had won some kind of battle against me. I gently kick her leg and giggle. Come on you and I should probably go socialize. Oh, and I have somewhere else to take you today. An early present. Well, a day early but still. Im told and I sit up real fast.

What is it? Is it a private jet? Oh no a yacht? I ask laughing some and I get up pulling on some shorts and then I head downstairs and make myself a coffee. I feel Vic press up against my back and I smile leaning back a little. Hey, there cutie. How did you sleep? I ask and look back at her.

Slept great. I had you in my arms. She says making me blush brightly.

Oh, shut up, I say and bump her back with my butt and I head next to the fireplace and sit down. I turn it on as my parents had the old one changed to electric. Come here, I say putting my arm out as I make myself comfortable on the big bean bag. I kiss Vics cheek as she sits next to me. I get my phone out of my pocket and look at pictures of some dogs. Especially Samoyeds, the ones that are big and fluffy. Baby look, I say showing her a picture of a female puppy Samoyed who was being sold. I scroll down and see shes already sold to someone and I pout a little. I sip my coffee as I stare into the fire leaning on Vic. I hear a snap of a camera then the tell-tale whir of a Polaroid coming out of the slot. Mom! I exclaim and turn to see her smiling like I had a baby or something. I take the picture and its probably the best picture I have seen in a long while. Wow. Thank you. I whisper.

Its beautiful. Thank you. Vic says and I smile holding it. I put it in her lap and finish up my coffee and I set the mug down and put my head on her chest.

Oh my god, you two cant stop being cute. My mom says and I roll my eyes and shoo her away. She laughs as she goes elsewhere and I cuddle her more getting myself closing my eyes closing again.

Hey, no sleeping I have to take you to your present in about an hour, Vic says and I open my eyes again whining.

But youre so comfy. I protest and then I sit up. Fine. Come on we should get dressed. Its like thirty degrees outside. I say and stand then I pull her up and we head upstairs. I shower really quick and I go get on jeans and a heavy wool long sleeve shirt. I get Vics keys and her wallet. I fold up the picture my mom tool and put it in her wallet for Vic to find later. I put her stuff with the outfit I picked out which was exactly matching mine. She comes out and dresses smiling.

Baby this is really cute. She tells me and I smile some. We wait for a bit then she takes me out to the car.

Can I drive? I ask and she hops in the driver seat. Ok no then, I say and get in the car when I get in the car and Im immediately blindfolded. Whats happening? I ask a little panicked.

Well we have to drive up to the place dear I dont want you to see until were there. She says and I sigh and giggle.

Ok, dearest. Drive me to the Marina for my yacht. I say and I giggle along with Vic. She puts the radio on and I get comfy. It seems like a pretty long ride but in reality, it was only like a half hour. It was too cold out to smell anything at the shelter. I get out and hear yapping and barking and I squeal. Oh my god baby did you get me a dog? I ask excitedly. Im led inside and sat in a chair. After a few minutes, I feel a little dog that feels super fluffy on my lap. I take the blindfold off and its the little female Samoyed puppy sitting on my lap looking at me. I squeal and start hugging and petting the little puppy. I get down on the floor and we play around and I know Vic is totally taking pictures and videos.

You like it, sweetie? Vic asks and Im quite literally in tears as I pet and hug and play with her. Have a name yet? She asks and I just shrug.

Um, I dont know yet love. Maybe snowball? Ooh I know, Snowflake. I say smiling big. Or maybe Sammy. Oh god, I cant pick. I whine some. Why dont we wait a little while? We can name her tomorrow. I suggest and Vic nods. She pays the lady for the dog and we're given a small bag of kibble and a leash with a red collar. I pick her up and I carry her out to the car kissing her head and Vics cheek a lot. Thank you thank you thank you, I say as we get in the car and I hold the puppy on my lap. We drive home and I pet her and l look at you. Can we stop at the pet store? I ask and before I can finish talking, we pull into the pet store. I put the collar on her and clip the leech. I get out and I follow the puppy inside and I giggle as she goes to the food. We get another bag of kibble, a crate, and then we go to the toys and I let her one out.

You and she are the cutest things. I still have more presents for you tomorrow. Victoria says and I look up at her smiling.

Baby you dont have to get me all this stuff, I say and I stand up and sighing softly. I didnt get you as much stuff. I say softly and I get a hug from Vic tighter than any before, or at least thats what it seems like.

Shut up. I dont care. As long as I get to see that beautiful smile and see your cheeks get all rosy when you get embarrassed. Now come on we have to get home for dinner. She says and I get her to pick a toy and we go and buy all the stuff. We pack it in Vics car before heading home. When we do everyone is there as the puppy runs inside and starts sniffing everywhere. I head in behind her smiling and giggling some.

She doesnt have a name just yet, I tell them and they nod as they all pet her and play with her some. We get her crate set up in my room then we start on training her to do a specific action when she needed out. She would rub her head on the door frame and whine so we could hear. It takes till dinner but I think that she seemed to have gotten it. My mom had made a nice dinner of turkey, chicken, stuffing and other kinds of treats. We eat and of course, we end up feeding the puppy some scraps. After dinner Vic and I head outside with a cup of cocoa each and the puppy following us. I sit down in one of the chairs and look up at the sky as Vic scoots in by my side. Its so beautiful, I say and look at her. We could see all the stars as recently in the last few years Seattle had been shutting off all lights in the city on Xmas eve in an attempt to make the holiday more magical for everyone. Vic d-do you think that well make it? Through this last year? I ask and look at her my eyes welling up with tears at the thought of us being separated.

Maxine dear, of course, well make it. Im making sure of that my love. She says softly and we share a gentle kiss before I hear them gathering inside. I hear a guitar strum and I smile.

we should get back inside before were attacked, I say and get up but my wrist is grabbed and Im pulled back down.

Maxine. I know I gave you a promise ring just a few days ago but I cant wait any longer. Victoria says and she slides from the chair and gets down on one knee making me gasp loudly. I stand up and look down at her. Max I know this is probably way way too early but I cant wait. I want to know that well spend the rest of our lives together. I want you to take this She says tearing up as she pulls out an elegant blue diamond ring. Im full on happy crying by now and before she can I ask to explode with a resounding Yes! Which she then slides the ring on and we hear a loud cheer now realizing everyone was watching us. I pull her up hugging her as tight as I can and I kiss her deeply.

Lets name the dog Luna, I say and she laughs some as I kiss her again. The look up into the sky as the door opens and we have everyone bombard us with hugs and love.