33.Candles,rose petals and a ring

ANDREA CASTRO'S P.O.V.

That morning when I woke up,I was alone in bed.Damon had left.He had spent the night at my apartment but I had recently been staying at his place a lot.

Groaning,I made my way out of the comfy bed.On the bed was a blue dress and note.I picked up the note and sat down to read it.

Sorry I had to leave.Something came up at work.I will make it up to you.Promise.

Rahul will pick you up at 8 pm.You look good in blue.See you then.

Love,Damon.

He had picked out a short sleeveless navy blue lace dress.I had never worn it ever since I tried it on at the store.Never had I had the opportunity.

It had been a week and a half since the incident with Simon.Damon told me that he had been taken to get the help he so badly needed.

I had never been happier.Things were wonderful with Damon.Even though my dad spent every second of every day trying to convince me to that he was a bad man,I never listened.

I got up and freshened up.Then called up my mom and told her to come over.She had been in town for nearly two weeks and oddly we had never seen each other.Damon always managed to steal me away every chance he got.

Kai and Danny also came over.They absolutely adored my mom.Everyone did.

"The children were absolutely beautiful...they were so kind and we took the children up to the orphanage in Bujumbura...some of them even got adopted...you should have seen how happy they were"Mom was telling us about her trip to Burundi with this organization that helps orphans and abused children.

"Wow!That sounds great,I want to come.I must join you next year."

"I do not think your father will allow it.He did not even know I went till my second day Burundi "We all laughed at my mom's antics.She was very active and free spirited.Even though she was almost sixty years old she did things that even I could not attempt.

The love my parents shared was undying despite the fact that they hardly ever got time to spend together.What with mom's humanitarian adventures and dad's work.

I served us more pancakes.We were having breakfast for lunch.Those cooking classes were really working.Mom was surprised.

I had missed her a lot.We had not seen each other in five months but she had not changed a bit.Although her hair had started greying she was still the same person.

She didn't know about what happened with Simon.Only Damon,Kai,Danny and a few other people knew about the incident and it was well kept from the tabloids.In fact the tabloids had diverted their attention towards some other celebrity this week.

We had been talking in the living room for about two hours when mom got a call and went to the other room to answer it.She came back with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong mom?"I inquired pouring more syrup on my pancakes."I bet more pancakes can fix the problem."

"I have to go."Now I was the one frowning,"your father and I are supposed meet John Terry and his wife at three.He has sent a car to pick me...would you like to join us?"

"No.I will just stay here with Danny and Kai...we can meet tomorrow."

Kissing me goodbye,she grabbed her bag and left with a promise that we would see each other the following day.