Prologue: Ex's are Ex's

I slammed the door of my locker shut as I crumpled up my math paper in my palms. My parents must never know I was failing almost all my exams related in Math during the first semester.

Ready to shoot the paper in the trash can like a three pointer, someone quickly grabbed my arm down from behind me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jungkook's voice was heard at my back, making me spin around. In a swift manner, his hand snatched the paper out of my palm and unwrinkled it. "Holy fu— 12/100?!" He blurted out I surprise, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance, "Seriously?"

I clutched my paper back, shred it into tiny pieces and chucked it all in the garbage can. "Learn to get your hands off my stuff, Jeon." I advised him before I firmly gripped on the straps of my backpack and walked passed him.

"Hey, chill out. No need to be ashamed of that," He laughed daintily, catching up to me. "I got 46 and I'm still proud, you know."

"Yeah, it's because no one will whoop your ass if you got such lower grade." I snapped at him, walking a little faster to get rid of him, and in hopes of having my personal space.

"Damn," He crooned under his breath, walking at the same pace with me. "What are you, a high schooler? No one gets whooped by their parents at your age anymore."

"Well then how unfortunate of me to have strict parents." I sarcastically said and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

In a matter of seconds, I felt a heavy arm latch on my shoulder. "Hey, I'm sorry. Do you maybe wanna grab something to eat to lighten up the mood?" Jungkook asked, looking down at me.

I nodded my head, the corner of my lips slowly curving upwards.

♠️

Jungkook decided to drop me off at home after eating at a certain fast food chain. The quality time we spent together just by hanging out was nothing but pure happiness.

He pulled up his car in front of our yard as I unbuckled my seatbelt off, ready to move out of the vehicle.

"Thank you for dropping me off here. Please drive safely," I smiled, my hand reaching for the handle of the door. "Uhm, don't you want to come in for a while? I'm sure mom will be pleased to see you."

His normal composure holding a few seconds longer before a grin played onto his lips.

"Yeah— sure. If she doesn't mind." He replied, a small chuckle left his lips.

I watched him unfasten his seatbelt as we both stepped out of the car. He made sure the car doors were locked before we enter the gate together.

Unlocking the main door, Jungkook and I walked up inside the house as I went to place the keys on the top of the tread.

"Mom, I'm home!" I called out.

Grabbing Jungkook by his wrist, I dragged him further into the house. It was noiseless, assuming there was no one around. But the glowing lights from the kitchen were switched on.

We rambled our way to the kitchen and I immediately stopped in my tracks when a familiar scent of perfume just entered through my nose.