Chapter One: A Ride With Ex

I leaned back in the chair as I gazed down at the food in front of me. My body felt so worn out as my fingers lightly kneaded my forehead that was slightly aching since the moment I got out of bed. I lost a couple of hours of sleep due to overthinking.

"Y/N, eat your breakfast now or it will cool down." Mom advised as I looked up only to spot her busy frying more eggs in the frying pan.

A small sigh escaped my mouth, grabbing the silver fork and stabbing one of the eggs on the plate. I did not have the appetite to eat, but I forced myself to chew on my food.

"By the way," She stopped stirring and placed the spatula on the small plate beside the stove. "I can't drive you to your university today so I asked Jimin if he could give you a ride." She continued, making me jolt up in surprise.

I choked on the piece of food inside my mouth as I whipped my head towards her. "Mom, why would you do that?!"

"Why not? You used to go to school together and I think it is the best time to bond with him again after a long time," Mom said as she rubbed the towel on her hands to get dry. "You've been acting like this since yesterday. Is there something wrong?" She dropped the towel on the surface near the sink and walked over to sit across the table in front of me.

"Nothing," I shook my head no and sighed at the thought of him dropping me off to school like he used to do before when we were both still studying. "It's just— what if he's busy and has an important duty for today? I'll just be a bother." I complained, grabbing the glass of milk and chugging it down slowly.

Mom giggled, shaking her head, "No, sweetie. Knowing Jimin, he won't ever think of you like that. He's a good kid," She assured me, but I mentally rolled my eyes at what I heard from her. I could not blame my mother for thinking he was this fine and innocent kid she thought he was, because she had no idea that Jimin and I used to have a thing together, and he dumped me. "Not to mention, he's gotten himself a new job. He will be teaching at your university for the mean time while his father is supervising their company." She added.

My eyes widened in surprise, "You're kidding." I mumbled under my breath as I stared off into the air. I started wondering why my life wanted to ruin itself for me.

I hastily stood up my chair and walked over to mom to place a quick kiss on her cheek. "I gotta go, mom." I said abruptly as I trotted over to the couch to grab my bag.

"Okay. Take care!" Mom was left confused at my sudden behavior.

I stepped out of the house and exited the gate, my eyes scrutinizing the surroundings until it stopped on the navy blue car that was parked not far away from my place. I watched it slowly moved towards my direction.

A person opened the door and moved out of the car. He was wearing a light blue polo, the first button was undid, with a black pair of trousers for his bottoms and a pair of black leather shoes. His eyes covered with black framed glasses.

Park Jimin.

He ambled over to me as his fingers brushed his hair backwards. "Good morning," He greeted, removing his sunglasses and hung it on his polo by his chest. "Come on, I'll drive you to your university."

"No, thanks. I have someone to drop me off there." I declined his offer as I refused to move in my spot. My arms folded over my chest, acting tough.

"Who, your boyfriend?" He asked and a light chuckle left his mouth. "I'm sure he won't mind if I take his place just for today?"