Chapter Five: Vacation

Focus.

I told myself to focus countless of times already, but to no avail. With Park Jimin sitting so close beside me, it was indeed a big distraction.

"Did you get number three?" Jimin asked and tilted his head towards me, causing me to jump a little on my seat.

Hesitant, I nodded slowly. In reality though, I didn't really catch a thing of what he was saying a few minutes ago, since I was busy thinking about him.

"Alright, let's move on then," He said and flipped through the pages of the mathematics book I borrowed from the library long time ago.

A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as I watched him completely focused on the book. Suddenly, I started missing studying with him, since everytime we do, we would always end up doing a movie marathon or just cuddle together in bed.

My gaze then unconsciously fell onto his beautiful fingers that he used to be insecure of. I used to love them, until I noticed the silver ring that was tightly wrapped around his ring finger. Without knowing, my eyebrows furrowed together. I grew extremely curious.

But I didn't ask him about it in the middle of the tutoring session. He would probably think I was being a nosy person who couldn’t get over him, which might be true, but refused to admit.

This is absurd, I thought. Instead of trying to comprehend and learn, I ended up getting frustrated about a thing that supposedly shouldn’t bother me anymore.

"Jimin, I... I honestly didn't get number three," I blurted out. He stopped turning the pages and looked at me with his mouth slightly open.

Jimin sighed and threw his head back slightly, his adam's apple bobbed in his throat. "Y/N," He mumbled under his breath, fingers slightly massaging the bridge of his nose while his eyes are closed.

"I'm sorry." I scratched my head, laughing it off a little. "I'll focus this time, I promise." I sighed out, straightening my posture and completely giving my attention to the book.

"Alright, let's start over again. Listen carefully this time," Jimin said, but we were interrupted when two soft knocks were heard. He stood up and went to get it, revealing my mom as the door opened widely.

"Hey, I just came here check how the both of you are doing." Mom smiled as she leaned against the door frame.

"Mom, we're doing fine," I said.

"Oh, also, uncle Boris is coming over later. You guys might want to fix up and welcome him." She informed us as if a fun thing was about to happen, though in reality I almost choked when I heard about it. Jimin felt the same way, I was sure.  

"Okay?" I answered, not so delightedly.

"Okay, auntie. We'll continue to study here and fix up later." Jimin beamed at mother, lightly tapping the desk with the pencil.

"Alright. Good luck, you two. I'm glad you're finally getting along again," Mom said before closing the door. And at that moment, I wished mom didn't say anything since I thought it made us go back to being awkward with each other again.

"Well, it looks like we have to hangout with uncle Boris again," Jimin said in a rather unpleased tone, his expression seemed disatisfied.

"I know right." I rolled my eyes slightly. "I seriously want to see him again after so many years, but for sure he'll confiscate our phones again and then bring us to his boring villa with no wifi connection," I said, reminiscing the moments we had experienced back in the days.

The corner of Jimin's lips slightly curved upwards, but disappeared quickly. I, on the other hand, felt extremely nervous. It seemed as if life wanted us to be involved with one another again.