Chapter Three: His New Girlfriend

It hurt. I was in denial, but it hurt. All this time I made myself believe that I already moved on from him, but the moment I saw the name of the girl on his phone, it instantly crushed my heart.

There was still a remaining pain in my chest. He left me broken and he came back to break me again. For a moment, I hesitated and questioned myself if I made the right decision of accepting his offer to tutor me. But I got reasons why I agreed to his suggestion. I gave my consent to him because I wanted to help myself and step up the stage, and mainly, to seek vengeance for my broken heart.

I shrugged the thoughts away and walked straight to the gymnasium where Jungkook wanted me to come. The feeling of excitement was no longer felt within me. I hated how Jimin could make me feel different types of feelings, I hated how I was still so affected by him.

As soon as I stepped my feet on the gymnasium, Jungkook stood up from the bench and immediately approached me. He was in his jersey uniform already, but I was surprised to see him off the court knowing he was part of the first five players. Not to mention, he was the captain of the basketball team.

"Y/N, what made you come here late? I've been waiting for you." He pulled my wrist and dragged me along with him towards the bleachers.

We both took a seat down as I placed my belongings on my left side.

"I'm sorry. I-I went to the faculty office," I stammered shortly, trying to muster up a smile, "Why aren't you playing? The game has already started." My forefinger pointed to the court in attempt to change the topic. But in reality, the nerves were shaking uncontrollably inside me as I held myself back from shedding tears.

Jungkook leaned closer and looked at me straight in the eye, concern was written over his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, his hand traveled up to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb, "Did something happen?"

I pressed my lips into a fine line as I shook my head no, "Nothing. I'm just concerned about my grades, that's all. Don't worry about me." I lied smoothly, but I really wanted him to pull me close until there is no more space between our bodies. I wanted to cry my eyes out on his chest and feel his comfort.

"Captain, you're in!" Ji Ho, the point guard of the basketball team called Jungkook out.

Jungkook gave him a single nod, signaling that he would be there in a bit.

His head turned back towards me and removed the hair tie that was hugging my wrist. "Do my hair, please." He lifted the black, elastic hair bind up to his face, a wide smile formed on his lips.

I smiled at his adorable state as I grabbed the hair tie out of his hand. "Okay, come here."

He bent down a little and lowered his head for me to be able to tie his bangs up. I combed his hair with my fingers and lifted it up before wrapping the hair tie around his fringe.

"Done." I chirped, brushing the back and the sides of his hair.

Much to my surprise, he grabbed my hand and kissed it quickly. "Thank you. You'll be fine."

A small blush crept onto my cheeks. It was such a pleasant feeling, but I did not give any meaning to it. Jungkook was playful at times and he picked up the habit of teasing me and flirting with me whether in public or in private.

Jungkook stood up from the bleachers and ruffled my hair before walking over to his teammates. He did a low five with the substitute player that took his place when he was waiting for me and then he entered the court.

Watching Jungkook play basketball was enjoyable for me. I could see his serious look, his excited look, and his angry look. As the game continued, the gymnasium started gaining people. A group of girls even sat behind my seat, irking the hell out of me with their endless screams and squeals.