10

Bas: you awake?
You: yes, I'm completely nervous.
Bas: why?
You: I haven't been on a plane since I was teenager.
Bas: so your not nervous about meeting with publishers?
You: don't remind me!! I'm just trying to get through one thing at a time.
  Weeks had passed faster then you thought they would. And now it was a day before you set to go out to New York. You'd been tossing and turning all night trying to get some sleep but it eluded you.
Bas: oops, my bad.
You: uh huh, sure, sure you feel completely bad.
Bas: yep, about as Mackie does when he tried to embarrass me on the red carpet.
You: jerk.
Bas: really though, why are you nervous about flying?
You: oh I don't know, being trapped in a pressurized cabin, thousands of feet above the earth where if one tiny little thing goes wrong it'll send you careening to your death.
Bas: you've watch one too many movies.
You: no, no I haven't.
Bas: there's a slim chance of that happening.
You: but what if it does? Huh? Then what? There is no escape, just knowing your cascading out of the sky, falling fast.
Bas: omg, will you knock it off. You have a better chance of the plane being abducted by aliens.
You: great something else for me to worry about.
   Your phone rang, startling you.
   "Seriously, I was joking." Sebastian told you as you answered.
    "Yeah, but the aliens won't. They are very serious about probing and slow dancing to a lady in red." You retorted.
    "What?" His word dripped with confusion.
    "You've still never watched supernatural have you?" You sighed, rolling over in your bed.
    "No, I stay pretty busy." He replied. "Don't have time to indulge you in your fandoms."
     "You still picking me up at the airport?" You ignore his jab.
     "Of course, its at 11pm right?" You rolled your eyes.
      "No, it's at 9, jerk. Don't make me sacrifice you when I get there. Remember it'll be hard to tag me back to the body in your city." You chuckled.
    "Hmmm point taken, but yes. I'll be there at 9 to pick you up." He conceded, yawning into the phone. "But seriously, it's just flying, nothing really to stress over."
    "You hate flying." You retorted, rolling to your back staring up at the ceiling.
    "Yeah, cause I do a lot of it." He laughed on the other side. "Look, nothing is going to happen. You'll get on the plane, it's going to take off, fly over here and land. That's it."
    "Fine but if it falls out of the sky like a giant rock then I'm haunting your ass." You quip back.

You weren't sure how, but you did manage to get sleep, you also managed to get on the flight with out having a panic attack. Much to your arguing last night the flight was a calm serenity before the storm. You were trying to keep your nerves under control knowing that you meeting publishers, seeing Sebastian again, and the thought of being in a city the size of New York was enough to throw you in a mild anxiety attack.
As you walked out of the terminal, you tried to stay out of everyone's way. Soo many people, all in a hurry, either coming or going. You stepped off to the side and took a deep breath, calming yourself. You glanced around and saw someone holding a sign with your name, upside down but your name nonetheless.
"Did you mean to have the sign upside down?" You asked as you flipped it over, Sebastian smirked on the other side.
"I thought you'd appreciate being in the upside down, with how much you've talked about Stranger Things." He jested as the two you started your trek to the baggage claim.
"Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to." You giggled, he smirked to himself.
   "Better watch it, or else I'll make you walk back to my place." He jested as he grabbed your stuff from the baggage claim.
   "Your sure I can crash at your place?" You ask  tentatively. "I'm sure I can find a hotel that I can afford."
    "We're not going through this argument again. You're my friend, of course I'm going to make you stay at my house. Why waste money on a hotel?"

It was later that night and Sebastian had convinced to you to join him at one of his bars that he enjoyed going to. Anthony had been in town and wanted to catch up with him. You were slightly nervous as you followed him in, the music was turned up, a steady beat thumped in the air as the two you got your drinks. He spotted Anthony, grabbing your hand he lead you over to his friend.
"Hello, hello, and who is this beautiful lady? Had I known you were being someone so stunning I would of dressed nicer." Anthony stated, taking your hand as he stood and brought it to his lips.
"This is y/n, she a friend of out of town." He chuckled at his friends antics. The three of you sat down at the table.
"So how about I take you out sometime and show you how a real man treats a lady. Give you the Mackattack experience." Anthony jested, a twinkle in his eye. You almost spit your drink out at his response.
"Yeah, how about you show me a real man. And then we'll talk." You joked back, smiling at him. He rolled his head back laughing.
"Ouch!" He yelled, laughing. "Girl, you gonna bust my balls within minutes of meeting me?"
"Uh, yes, cause a.) I can and b.) you set me up perfectly for that." You smiled sweetly.
"She's a firecracker, watch yourself Mackie. Otherwise you'll be leaving with no ego." Sebastian chuckled.
"Oh, you mean like you?" You turned to face him, he licked upper lip and smirked as Anthony let out another roar of laughter. Sebastian nodded his head, as you turned back to Anthony answering his question of how long you were in town for.
Your phone vibrated in your pocket, pulling it out.
Bas: oh, you're going to get it.