chapter six; warnings

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"LOOK AT YOU GUYS!" Summer gushes as the boys meet her and Jonathan in the parking lot. All four of them dressed up as the guys from 'Ghostbusters'.

Will seemed a little unsure of how to take the compliment, his costume being slightly different from the others. The material was a different shade, and most of the detailing was hand-stitched by Joyce, but that only seemed to make it all the more special.

Summer gave him a wink and the hollow smile he'd been showing suddenly fills. Joyce did the best she could for her boys, sure she couldn't give them everything they wanted, but she certainly made sure they had everything they needed and they knew that.

"Get a photo with me!" Summer requests and Jonathan pulls out his camera, only to have the boys all decline with a chorus of 'no's'.

It wasn't until she noticed the young girl with red hair skateboarding past them, and that both Dustin and Lucas were watching her every move, that she understood why they were acting so weird. It made her laugh to see them swooning over the girl and it takes a second for her to realise that it was the same girl that had been with Billy.

Intrigued, she watches as the girl skates towards the Camaro and immediately begins arguing with the blond. This struck a worrisome feeling in Summer's gut and she decides to take it upon herself to see what was going on.

"Hey." Summer waves, before digging her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. Her presence causes the boy to clamp his mouth shut as he takes in a deep breath.

"Hey." He smirks placing a cigarette between his lips, then sparking up a lighter and igniting the end of it. It seemed more likely to see Billy with one of the tiny, poisonous sticks in his mouth than without.

"Hi, I'm Summer." She turns to the girl and extends a hand. The girl tucks her hair behind her ears and cautiously looks at Billy as if she was asking his permission to speak to her.

He looks between the two of them before letting out a gust of smoke and saying. "That's Maxine." He takes one more drag of his cigarette and then drops it to the ground. "We've gotta go, but I'll see you tonight."

With a wink, Billy runs a finger under Summer's chin and then slides into the car, leaving Maxine and Summer alone for a brief second. The two swap awkward smiles before the girl turns to join Billy.

"It's just Max." She says quickly before sliding into the passenger seat. Within seconds the blue vehicle was speeding out of the lot and roaring off down the road, leaving a trail of dust as the loud music fades into the distance.

Lucas kicks the ground beneath him, sending a few rocks skidding across the gravel before letting out an annoyed sigh. "Her step-brother is such an ass."

"Try telling that to Summer." Jonathan pipes in and twitches his eyebrows at the girl. She shoots him an intimidating look but he was having too much fun annoying her to really care. Deep down he was a little disappointed about her ditching them, it was a tradition that they took Will trick or treating.