chapter eighteen; harrington vs hargrove

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"AM I DREAMING OR IS THAT YOU HARRINGTON?" Billy's obnoxious voice rings out in the night air, a lit cigarette between his lips as he steps out of his car, and leans against the door.

"Yeah it's me, don't cream your pants." Steve says casually as if it weren't the funniest thing he had ever said, and Summer turns her head to hide her laughter. Witty comebacks weren't always Steve's strongest suit, but perhaps hanging out with the kids had started to rub off on him a little.

Billy's eyes narrow for a second before his gaze falls on Summer standing just behind Steve, eyeing her up and down like she were some sort of object. A grin dances on his mouth and he gives his bottom lip a quick glide with his tongue. It was enough to make Summer uncomfortable and she clams up, folding her jacket over her chest and hugging herself tightly.

Steve's eyes burn into Billy with pure anger, but the blond didn't seem to care, or if he did, he doesn't show it. He slides his leather jacket off and bounces his shoulders to fix the way his shirt draped over his torso. The middle slit almost right down to his waistband, revealing his six-pack and the whole time he kept his eyes locked on Summer.

"Maybe you should go inside?" Steve expresses his concern, but Summer wasn't going to run and hide, nor was she going to let Billy think he had any sort of effect over her.

"No. I'm staying right here," She proclaims, her gaze not leaving Billy as she leans into Steve and kisses him passionately. When she pulls away, she notices Billy's facade falter as he tenses his jaw, and he lets out an almost sigh as he turns his head to the side, and then back to the couple. "Now, go show him who's boss."

With a smirk gracing his lips, Steve pushes himself off the front porch and onto the rocky gravel with a small thud. Billy takes action too, the two boys sizing each other up as they meet in the middle.

The blond cocks his head to the side. "What're you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing... amigo." Steve mimics the other boy and crosses his arms under his chest.

"Looking for my stepsister, a little birdy told me she was here." The cigarette between his lips moved with his words, his eyes not wavering from Steve as he spoke with determination, but Steve denies it. "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch."

The way in which he spoke of Max only angered the couple, but even more so now, Steve continues to deny her being there with them. "Doesn't ring a bell, sorry buddy."

"You know, I don't know, this whole little situation Harrington - it's giving me the heebie-jeebies." The blond steps forward, taking a long puff of his cigarette and then letting the smoke blow in Steve's direction.

"Oh yeah, why's that?"

"My thirteen-year-old sister goes missing all day... and then I find her... with you... in a strangers house... and you lie to me about it." Billy points his hands at Steve accusingly, clearly trying to get some sort of a rise out of him.