PART 1 NEVER AFTER

The young girl's eyes fluttered open to find herself wrapped up in a protective cocoon of blankets curled up on a canopy king sized bed with blood red sheets. At first she was confused as to where she was as she looked around at the stone chamber, bookcases lining one wall full of fairytale stories, and a white stone table in the corner. A spindle like pen hovered over a single closed storybook with a cherry red binding and a title reading, The tale of Sophie and Agatha. The storian had sealed the end to her and Agatha's storybook a few days ago after Rafal and her had broken the shield over Gavoldon, her old town, and declared their love by destroying Agatha, Tedros and even her own father, Stefan, for good.

It'd been a dark night when evil's queen had proved her unwavering loyalty to evil and her true love himself by slicing her own father's Throat open in the name of love. She'd felt the blood of the man whom had showed her no ounce of love whatsoever stain her hands, and watched her former friend's heads roll across the ground. She remembered Rafal's smirk as he pulled her in for a kiss and the instant his lips touched hers she felt a sudden swell of warmth blossom inside her as if a sudden weight had been lifted off her shoulders. 

It'd been about five days since then and evil had been victorious with Ever kingdoms beginning to fall to dust. Rafal seemed more or less passionate towards his queen with him bringing her new dresses when she had grown tired of her old pink attire, and his struggles to comfort her when she would jolt awake from terrible nightmares she suffered from at night since her old friends' and father's deaths. He was nurturing just as a true love could be, but although he was no prince, he was a powerful immortal sorcerer whom had defied death just to be with her of all people. He was no Prince Charming, she knew this, but he was evil. And someone evil seemed far more better than a good prince. Because of these reasons and more, the young girl was content despite the nightmares that had begun to trouble her most nights.

But the particular night last night had been different, for she had no dream unlike the nights she'd had dreams before. She guessed it could be because her mind had been far too empty to conjure up anymore bloody images of her father's blank eyed gaze staring up at her and the two decapitated heads of a bug eyed black helmeted girl and a handsome blonde prince. This could be one conclusion but another could be the fact that she had arms wrapped around her, holding her close, her head resting on not a pillow, but a bare chest. Craning her neck up to see, her emerald eyes met glacier blue ones peering down on her as long glacier fingers ran themselves through her blonde hair soothingly.

Rafal's alabaster skin and Snow White hair along with his winnowing blue eyes made him appear mysterious and handsome, and the sleepy girl couldn't help the smile that spread across her face at the very sight of him. She'd fallen asleep cradled in his arms last night, so warm and safe how could she of had any trace of a single nightmare when she fell into unconscious?

He smiled back at her as if they were two lovebirds snuggling in bed in the morning, but it was far from that.

"Good morning, Sophie," he murmured in her ear, his hot breathe fanning her neck and sending a tingle of pleasure down her spine. "You took long enough to wake up."

Sophie sat up in bed, her blonde hair a long curtain hanging down her back, and peered out at the window to find morning sunlight fluttering in and bathing the stone chamber in its glow.

"How long was I asleep for?" She asked, stretching her arms over her head to relieve her aching muscles.

"Only about twenty minutes after the first classes at the school for evil started," Rafal replied in a matter of fact tone, but it had a hint of teasing in it.

Sophie swung her head around to stare at him, her eyes wide in alarm at his words.

"Twenty minutes?" She garbled. "Twenty minutes! I'm supposed to be in class by now. Why didn't you wake me?"