PART 12 LOVE PREVAILS

Sophie never thought Rafal would return so soon after being sent away with Japeth and his magical Time Scroll. It only seemed like half an hour ago when she'd watched her true love magically disappear before he finally reappeared in a poof of smoke.

Sophie felt the relief and warmth in her heart as she met her true love's beautiful blue gaze before he pulled her into his arms in a passionate kiss. His face was still smeared with blood, but he was unharmed as Sophie gripped onto him, running her delicate fingers through his soft white hair.

"Rafal, how—" Sophie stammered, perplexed but content. "Where's Japeth?"

It was only than that Sophie realized that Japeth was missing. While Rafal had magically emerged, Japeth hadn't and Sophie wondered what had happened during the time Rafal had been gone. Had Japeth succeeded in bringing Aric back? Or had Rafal stopped Japeth before he could?

"The Snake is Dead," Rafal murmured, pecking Sophie's face with kisses, and Sophie felt delirious as if she'd stepped into a sudden dream. Why was Rafal being so affectionate?

"I was so worried about you," Rafal whispered as if he saw her confusion. "I knew I had to stop Japeth from changing the past because it could've altered the future. But seeing you again at your first year of School, made me realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing Queen by my side. You're my whole world, and nothing can ever change that. No Snake's attempts of meddling with time, and no forced weddings can ever change the way I feel about you, about us, and I don't wanna live forever loving you. I want to grow old with you and have children and grandchildren to look after. I want to die by your side knowing we found our Never After and faced all the hardships in our way..."

Sophie felt tears prick her eyes as she stared into Rafal's passionate gaze brimming with undeniable love and emotion that hit Sophie head on.

Together, they'd killed Agatha and Tedros in the name of Love. Together, they'd slain a vengeful Lion and Snake all in the name of their Never After.

Obviously, something must've happened wherever or Whenever Rafal was if he was suddenly talking about something that sounded impossible. No, it was impossible...wasn't it? Rafal and Sophie couldn't be mortal again, could they?

Sophie recalled Rafal telling her that as long as she wore the ring that kept him alive and as long as the two of them loved one another, than they would be immortal forever. But could there be another way that didn't involve Rafal's ring to be destroyed?

Suddenly, Sophie felt like she wanted what Rafal wanted too. The idea of someday having a family together felt like a dream come true, and loving each other till death felt...it felt like a fulfilling life to live.

"Sounds good to me," Sophie murmured, emerald eyes full of love as she pressed her lips against Rafal's in a long kiss before pulling away. "We'll find a way to make that happen, darling. But for now we should get back to the schools."

Rafal smiled and took Sophie's hand in his own, fingers intertwining. The two made their way back through Camelot, stepping over dead pirates and leaving Rhian's broken body behind.

With her true love by her side, Sophie knew no matter what obstacles came their way, nothing could tear them apart from each other. Not a Greedy Lion or an army of Good and not even a meddling snake.

Wherever the two Never lovers were from now, they would be together no matter what. Evil's love would prevail, and their love would show the world that Evil could win and be victorious for generations to come. For in the end, evil's love was greater than good's love, and with love in their hearts. Sophie and Rafal were happy.

Cause it was their Never After and that's what their love was. Being with Rafal was Sophie's true happy ending while Rafal being with Sophie was his Never After.

"So, I suppose this means the honeymoon is cut short," Sophie simpered as they descended from the castle.

"Perhaps, but maybe it was for the best," Rafal said thoughtfully as he rubbed Sophie's knuckles with a thumb. He gave her a sideways glance, blue gaze twinkling in amusement.

"Besides, I think the Schools miss us, don't you?" Rafal asked, tugging Sophie along gently.

Sophie smiled up at the School Master and nodded.

"Maybe they do, but I doubt it," She snorted. "The students are probably bored to death from Uma trying to teach Evil history and the Big bad Wolf petrifying them with lectures on curses."

Rafal chuckled, raising Sophie's hand to his lips to brush a soft kiss across her knuckles as if in silent reassurance.

"Well..." Rafal mused. "I know we lost two teachers in the war, but I was thinking the school needs a...leader. Not just a master and some familiar teachers they've known since year one, but they need their queen. A person who will guide them, give them advice and punish them when necessary. A leader with the stature and benevolence of someone who knows what's it's like to be in their shoes...What I'm trying to say is that, Sophie, I believe you're the perfect candidate to become the New Dean of Evil."

Sophie felt her eyes bulge wide, and her mouth hung open in surprise before Rafal's words registered in her brain, and she leapt at him with a joyful squeal.

"Really?" She asked, gaze aglow in the sun which was beginning to set. "Me? A Dean?"

Rafal chuckled and wrapped her in his cold arms, lips curled into a smile as he twirled a blond strand of her hair around his finger.

"Really," He purred as the wind picked up, buffeting their hair.

Sophie cozied into her true love's cold chest, contentment and warmth setting her heart aflame, and Rafal breathed in the sweet smell of her hair before he pressed his lips against her forehead in a kiss.

Together, the School Master and his Queen stared out across Camelot, past its spires and its buzzing crowd to the darkening sky.

The sun was a yellow circle sinking below the horizon, its rays reaching out like outstretched hands. Different hues ranging between purple, pink and orange painted the sky like a beautiful canvas on display for all to see.

Rafal and Sophie watched the sunset for a long moment, basking in its last rays before the sun finally laid to rest below a mountain peak, darkness creeping across the sky like a tarp to envelope the Evil lovers beneath it. When the sun arose in the morning, it would bring a new day with it and Sophie was happy to spend another day with Rafal by her side.

But for now, there was darkness. A silent echo of all the two had accomplished before the sun had set. It was a good kind of echo though. The echo of two hearts once full of darkness, now full of light and warmth.

It was the echo of Evil's love.

                   ~ THE END ~

—————————-
Hey guys! Yay! The stories over, but I am planning on making another SGE Fanfiction, about the same length as this one. It's gonna be a Japaric Fanfiction about Japeth and Aric's relationship in Arbed House cuzzz I kinda ship em. The book should be out soon, but no promises, but be sure to check it out when it does come out!

And thanks to everyone who read this book, and have a great day! Bye!!

        XoXo,
               Alexis Peters 🥰