PART 6 DARKNESS

"And May I one day have the strength to let your ghost Rest In Peace, buried beneath."

             — Alexis Peters
—————————————
What was it about someone that just made you want to throw away the world for them? What did it mean to love someone with your whole heart, body and soul without a care in the world except for them alone?

Sophie had once heard that soulmates were two halves of a whole. One couldn't live without the other and they would go through so much just to prove their love for one another that nothing could compare to their bond. Her and Rafal had fought for each other just as Tedros and Agatha once had long ago. But while Sophie and the School Master fought for evil, Agatha and Tedros had been fighting for good. Still each couple both sought happiness, and because Agatha and Tedros's happiness meant killing the one person whom made Sophie happy, she couldn't let them win.

But now Sophie was fearing the consequences of her actions. By allowing her two old best friends be killed in front of her without remorse, Sophie couldn't get their bloody faces out of her head and the feeling of her father's blood soaking her hands. Yet she'd made her choice and there was no going back now. No dead people would ruin her and Rafal's honeymoon, and this was a promise Sophie made to herself as she struggled to wipe away her tear stained face.

"I can't believe I ruined my makeup over nothing," Sophie attempted to joke to Rafal watching her closely as if afraid she'd break down again.

In order to show her true love that she was alright, Sophie moved towards him where he was crouched in the doorway of that stifling bathroom to wrap her arms around his neck. She forced a dazzling pearly white smile like a pink princess resting her gaze upon the prince of her dreams, but Sophie could feel her cheeks burning with shame. How could Rafal want to be with someone like her? How could he ever want to be with such a lousy cowardly little girl like her?

Sophie was supposed to be strong and regal, for she was the Queen of Evil and rulers were meant to be strong, but how could she be strong when she had broken down after having an hallucination of one of her dead friends? How could she be Rafal's true love when she was still scared of little things like spiders for crying out loud?

Sophie felt Rafal's fingers run through her hair as she stared deep into his tantalizing crystal blue eyes. Finally after searching her face for what seemed like ages, Rafal's expression relaxed as he pulled his wife closer in a tight embrace.

"It'll be alright," he told her, cold breath fanning her cheek. "We'll get past this together. If something's troubling you so much I can make it go away if that's what you want. I can make you forget it."

Sophie felt a sliver of terror erupt from her veins. She hadn't told Rafal what she'd exactly seen in the bathroom. The thought of forgetting buggy Agatha and even Handsome heroic Tedros made Sophie's being shake. Despite killing them and betraying them over And over again Sophie had to admit Tedros and Agatha were the ones whom had helped birth the witch inside her. Without that witch and without them Sophie would've never embraced her true self so forgetting them felt wrong.

"No," She said firmly then she'd intended, and Rafal looked at her in question. "I mean, like you said we'll get past this so I don't see why you'd want me to forget it. I think the sun is too rise soon so perhaps we should get going to that extravagant place you said you'd take me to, hmmm?"

Rafal must've caught on to how quickly Sophie had changed the subject as if she had no intention of speaking about the incident any further, for he narrowed his icy blue eyes in contemplation before he relaxed.

"Very well, then," The young school master spoke at last, tugging at the collar of his shirt to adjust it to how he saw fit.

Sophie breathed a heavy sigh of relief as Rafal took her hand and led her out of the dreary old cottage. With the musky odor of the crumbling structure Ebbing away, Sophie allowed herself to breathe in the fresh air as her and Rafal stepped outdoors.