chapter one

I woke up this morning feeling bad. No one in my school knows me, or even cares I exist. My mom is abusive, and is always drunk.

She comes after me and my brother Bryce. She sales my things for money. I loved my dad but when he died 3 years ago it broke me. I go to a public school not far from my house. I live in a 3 room house my grandpa owns. I hate going to school because of the bullies, Kyle, Mike, and Lance.

"Get your useless asses up" my mother yells from out side my room " you have school in 20 minutes"

I got up got dressed and walked to school with my little brother. Bryce is only 5 years younger than me.

*School*

I stopped by my locker to get my books when I saw him coming down the hall, Yoongi hes on the basketball team and plays shooting guard. He isn't very popular but he did have a lot of friends who were popular. I've liked him since 7th grade. But I was snapped out of my daze when I felt someone punch me in the stomach it was Kyle and his gang.

"Stop looking at my boyfriend you freak" yelled Kyle. He say me looking at Yoongi his boyfriend.
"Is Jimin going to cry" he said as his minions punched and kicked me to the ground. Then walked away laughing.
I blacked out.

So I woke up in a cold room with someone at the foot of the bed. I was at the nurse's office.

There was a shadow standing at the end of the bed.

// Yoongi //

I was walking down the hall when I saw a boy looking at me. He was cute. Kyle my boyfriend came over to me and saw me looking at him before I could say anything he was yelling at the boy and Mike and Lance were beating him up, I ran over to him as soon as I figured out what was happening. He was blacked out so I called the nurse. She told me his name was Jimin and that he will be ok. I stayed with him until he woke up.

"H-hi" he said

"Hi" I replied " you should rest" I said as he tried to get up

"Okay..." he said laying back down "you can go to class I'm fine"

"Are you sure? I can stay here." I told him but he just nodded his head and I left.

××××××××××

After class Yoongi came in to check on me.

"Hi are you ok" he asked worried

"Yeah I'm ok" I answer

"I'm sorry about Kyle he can be a-" Yoongi started but I interrupted

"Bastard" I said

"Yeah" he said " let me help you get home" he said before I could say yes my brother came running in.

"Jimmie, are you ok?" He asked crying hard. Yoongi bent down to his level and told him I was ok and that I'm going to get better. I smiled as he comforts my brother. Then he looks at me with a gummy smile that makes me melt inside.

I felt the pain as I stood up to walk home Yoongi helped me out the door then I told him I can walk by myself then my little brother grabbed my hand and we slowly walked home together.

When we got home something was waiting...

"Where the fuck were you jackasses" my mother yelled staring at me with the "your my punching bag now" look so I told Bryce to go to my room and lock the door and he did what he was told right before I was thrown to the ground and beat until my mom's friends pulled up and honked the horn telling her they are ready to go.

Not long after Bryce came out of my room on the emergency phone I bought when I worked at McDonalds (with out my mother knowing) i gave it to him. He was talking to someone. I heard his side of the conversation.

Bryce: yeah
she just left
okay
yeah
on the floor in front of me

Then I heard someone on the other end

???: Is he bleeding

Bryce: yes
okay
okay

And that was all. I heard someone at the door before I blacked out again.

I woke up to someone cleaning my cuts.

"You can help by getting some water" I heard someone say to Bryce. I opened my eyes and saw Yoongi again. "Your awake" he said then I looked at him smiling.

[Thirty minutes later]

Yoongi was making dinner for Bryce and I. We ate mac-n-cheese with some hotdogs in it. Then we watched a movie, and after the movie Yoongi got Bryce ready for bed and he helped me back to my room, which was almost empty because my mother sold everything.

"Goodnight" he said as he was walking out of the room

"Goodnight Yoongi, thanks for helping" I thanked him " hey how did Bryce get your number?" I asked curious

"I gave it to him when I was telling him you would be ok at the school I told him that if he needed anything to call" he said

"Oh... ok goodnight see you tomorrow Yoongi"

"See you tomorrow, sunshine" Yoongi said before walking out of the door