First

Choi Soo Jung's POV

It's a Saturday, the day people like best but I feel like I'll burst into flames. Don't get me wrong, I'm no exception to that rule. It's just that, this Saturday is kind of an asshole.

Let me fill you in, I've just gone through this humiliating break-up with my boyfriend. Yeah, I know.  Don't get me started and tell me to move on and shit because this is a special case. The guy is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, you heard that right.

By the way, my name's Choi Soo Jung, and I attend at Myeon Jae Performing Arts High School at Seoul. Myeon Jae PA for lazy people. Myeon Jae for even lazier ones. It's a really popular school for idol wannabes and musically talented people. I could probably be considered as both and because of that I'm finding school life fairly easy. When people look at me, they usually assume that I'm bitchy, spoiled and bratty. I think they're just about right, but equally just about wrong. I look bitchy, because I have a resting bitch face of a bank teller and to complement that, I also think bitchy. If I could, I would act bitchy too. But I can't and that's where people are just about wrong about me.

 But I can't and that's where people are just about wrong about me

Enough of me, let's focus on the break-up part. So I was saying, my boyfriend, or should I say ex-boyfriend, Nam Woo Seok, is a walking and talking miracle. His face is freaking eye candy and you can stare at him for hours. And that's just the face, the body, you can stare at for days, if you could. I was the girlfriend but the most I got was a glimpse, but I can certainly tell you this. Really hot.  To top that, he's also a gentleman and is really kind and caring which is probably why he's immensely popular. I too was one of his admirers, before he started to noticed me.

 I too was one of his admirers, before he started to noticed me

You could say that opposite attracts. I'm the aggressive over-thinker who you can probably find at a corner of a room while he's the chill, soft guy who is outgoing and popular.

Okay, now's the time for the break-up part. I think he wanted to break from his nice boy shell and into this bad boy persona to make himself more popular. Yeah, I know. And what's the best way to do that? By dumping his nobody girlfriend in front of everyone of course!

I was shocked. I never thought he could do such thing. I still haven't processed things until now as if a week hasn't gone. It was the first time he raised his voice on me, the first time he insulted me and the last time I saw him. He used to be so nice to me, treating me with such chivalry.

I could see in his eyes that he still cares for me, that he just wanted a show, that it wasn't really him who was talking, that he's just masking his caring nature with a grim expression. I was confused that time, I couldn't stand up for myself. I swallowed the humiliation, for him.

We used to frequent this cozy coffee shop in front of the campus entrance. We shared much memories there, even our first kiss. But since that day, I never came near to that place and walked to another one five kilometers away.

I recently got a part-time job at that coffee shop. I thought it was convenient, three blocks away from my house, plus no one in my school goes there because it's too far. It was perfect, and I was going to start working there today.

But then shit hits me in the face.

While I was busy brewing an espresso for a customer, Woo Seok came in with the biggest smile I've ever seen from him. This annoyed me a little. I mean, the least you can do from a break-up is sulk for a while. It's just been three days and he looks like he just won the lottery or... he got a new girlfriend...

That's it. That's the final straw.  

I'm going to make his day miserable, just like how mine has been for about a week now. Go, equality!

I thought about three things, actually twenty-nine things but the others were either impractical or results to someone's unfortunate death. I can't risk getting into trouble, I just got this job yesterday.

The first is that I'll act as if I don't know him. I know he doesn't like this, being ignored by someone familiar to him. He's outgoing and nice to everyone, so everyone greets him when they see him and he likes that.

Second, I'll write "Woo Fuck you" to his cup when I ask for his name. I like this part best.

Third, I'll pretend to accidentally pour coffee on his shoes. The next thing he loves the most next to his popularity is his shoes because most of them are branded, expensive and high quality. If any of it gets dirty in any way, he'll freak. I know this because I accidentally stepped on his shoe one time during a date. It didn't even get stained, but he was clearly uneasy the whole time. I got worried but he noticed that I was and said it was okay. We didn't eat because he said his head hurt and that he'd better get home quickly. He didn't talk to me for a day and acted like it never happened afterwards.

Wow, Soo Jung, you're a genius. That plan could work. Okay, now to execute it.

"Good morning, sir. Can I have your order?" I smiled as fucking wide as I can. Oh god, he's staring at me. Okay, let's try not to screw shit up.

"Ah, yeah, can I have a vanilla latte, large, and two bagels please."  he said, flashing a smile back.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Fuck. I just screwed up, didn't I?

Relax, Soo Jung, you can do this.

"I don't know, do you? I'm surprised I've never seen you before. Maybe you're from my school?" Okay, this plan isn't working, maybe he read my mind and he's trying to backfire.

By this time, I'm just staring at his beautiful eyes not knowing what to reply.

"Miss? Are you okay?" he asked.

I tried to take my eyes away from his to prevent myself to be seen as a lunatic and thought of a new tactic to get him on his toes. If he's not buying this 'I don't know you' drama, then I guess he won't be as prepared for a flirty: "Are you free tomorrow?" 

His smile widened. Wow, his teeth are so pretty.

"Actually, yes, I am." he cocks his head, holding his gaze at me. "How about you?" he replies. My knees feel weak, I'm trying my best to look intimidating but it's no use.

He looks gorgeous.

"I'd have to check my schedule?" I muttered. I couldn't think of anything else besides saying that or kissing him. Which is probably not a good move because I don't want to be arrested for sexual harassment.

"Wow, I'd never had such a pretty lady ask me out before. You look like you have a lot on your hands but if you have time, maybe we can meet up?" he said, ending it with a smile so real, I could feel it.

I know we just broke up but his voice sounded genuine. As if he wanted to start something anew. Wait, what if he's just acting and this is a trap to make me look like a fool? I'd have to make sure.

"Woo Seok, are you serious about this?" I asked, expecting laughter.

"Who's Woo Seok?" he replied, deadpan.

"Stop it, I'm serious."

He laughed.

"You got my name wrong, lady. My name's Jae Han. Hyun Jae Han."

o- - - - -o